Old 06-23-2013, 08:32 PM

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Ordered a Purple Goldline Fury 172g this past week and had the opportunity to field test it today. I was surprised that the disc I received was quite flexible, even more so then my gold line river, nearly flx plastic flexibility. I don't have a huge arm but with 5-10 degrees of hyzer the disc flipped up and turned just slightly before evening out and landing with minimal fade, a fairly straight flight landing at about 345 feet consistently. I was quite happy with the flight and looking forward to working with it more soon!
Old 06-23-2013, 10:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Agong noodle arm checking in. I bought a 173 GL and a 171 Opto Fury to goof around with on vacation this week. Threw the GL a hadful of times today and was very impressed. It has great glide and kind of a second gear my Rivers don't have. Jury is still out, but it seems like a slightly faster River at thisoint with exceptional glide. I'll throw it at least a few more rounds this week and see how it goes, but it is really bice so far.
Old 06-23-2013, 10:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8.2
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
Agong noodle arm checking in. I bought a 173 GL and a 171 Opto Fury to goof around with on vacation this week. Threw the GL a hadful of times today and was very impressed. It has great glide and kind of a second gear my Rivers don't have. Jury is still out, but it seems like a slightly faster River at thisoint with exceptional glide. I'll throw it at least a few more rounds this week and see how it goes, but it is really bice so far.
Hey sloppy! Loving the Fury myself. It's definitely a great finesse fairway driver. I think it's not quite as sensitive as the River and thus makes it a little bit more forgiving and overall more useful for a greater range of shots.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 19
I want to give it a try in opto. I feel like I like my opto rivers better, and I'm wondering if this will be the same.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:41 PM
* Ace Member *

I'll throw my Opto later this week, and give you a noodle arm report. IF the courses I hit have any good holesmto throw it on.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
I'll throw my Opto later this week, and give you a noodle arm report. IF the courses I hit have any good holesmto throw it on.
I'm curious to the findings as well, I'm another noodle arm myself, I'm really digging the Saint as a straight disc with a mild fade at the end. I hear the Fury is the same except with a fade to the right. I lost my Underworld, which was WAY to flippy for me. I'm hoping an Opto Fury will be what I am looking for.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:43 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Any more reports on the Opto Fury?
Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Any more reports on the Opto Fury?
its more hss than the gold line and the lss is about the same. I can put more on the opto and it will be less likely to turn for me. i prefer the opto cause of the exrtra stability.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:28 PM
* Ace Member *

I threw my 168 Opto today on a couple holes. It went dead straight nuts to the tune of about 300' on one hole and about 325' on the other. Too bad that second one was a slight dog leg that only need about 275' of straight before the fade. Oops. Nice disc so far. Great straight disc to about 300-325' of power. After that my guess is the big turns start, but it is nice for us old guys.

Old 07-04-2013, 03:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 29
I traded for 3 Fury's yesterday

I wanted something less stable than the Saint and longer than the River

Hopefully this mold is it...my locl shop didn't have Underworlds or I might have gone with those.

Reading this thread to get an understanding of this disc was painful...the first 20 some odd pages should just be trashed

In any event I got 3 Gold Line one of which is a FR
They have some significant dashing on that I plan on taking off
Hopefully I get some throws in this weekend