Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
My gosh. What is this? A dyed Proton Shock?
Pretty sure that was a stormtrooper. I too am an advocate of throwing discs, however I think that one would be an exception...
Old 07-03-2013, 05:17 AM
Par Member

Dont know much about MVP discs, but it is white on the inside. Its a DyeMax job by Dynamic. Top is even more slippery than normal because of the pic.

I dont sell discs for money (only trade sometimes), nor do I put them up the wall (theres only one framed one up there, because it was a cool looking Tern in super glassy Jolly Launcher plastic, with the huge FR star in sparkle stamp, and also because it was a hole-in-one prize in a buddy tourney)

I spend way too much money on discs anyhow, fior just to look at them would be crazy Granted, this too was a free prize, but was fun to test it out. No visible signs tho from the few throws, so I wonder if Im gonna put it up anyway...
Old 07-05-2013, 07:34 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 14
It is not replacing any of my discs such as my banshees, whippets, firebird, or teebirds.

Backhand? it is overstable and short, nothing special, I could achieve same line with my banshee or 10 other overstable discs. My backhand isn't accurate or long enough to really test this disc and compare though.

Forehand is where my game is at and I can really test a disc out. I can carve tough or low lines with my forehand. I throw 385ft forehand on flat ground with my boss, 300 feet with my firebird. 280 with my banshee.

Forehand
The high speed stability as it leaves my hand is similar to an old KC Pro 11x banshee. It is not as HSS stable as my 1 year old champion banshee though.

As it slows down, (it slows down quick) it dumps a lot quicker than my banshees(285ft). I throw Demons(250ft) and Whippets(265ft) and even they don't seem to lose velocity or dump out of the air like my shock. On a good throw I can probably throw it same distance as banshee, but more often than not it would dump shorter. Maybe it's my lack of spin, or nose up on the disc makes it more finicky.

My banshees seem to fade more forward, and they get a little more distance because of it. Now, It isn't bad that there is a dump with the shock if you play your lines expecting it.

I got a birdie today with it on a hole, where I would normally throw a whippet.

Unlike a whippet, the high speed stability isn't as much, so on tight lines i have to throw it with more of a hyzer angle or higher in the air to get the same line.

I have 6 whippets, 3 banshees, 3 firebirds, 4 demons, 4 teebirds so I don't see myself wanting to replace them with my shock, unless my shock seasons nicely through use.

How do these Shocks beat in and season?
Old 07-05-2013, 08:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
Slowly. I've nor heard or seen one with much turn
Old 07-07-2013, 04:21 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 53
Lost my first run 166g red shock in a pond at the Cedar Rapids A tier the previous weekend. Replaced it with a 173 g first run pink shock and wow. The red one was money into headwinds and the pink isn't. The couple of throws I have had it flipped over into the woods.

I have felt and thrown a second run, but I wasn't impressed with the difference. I am now on the hunt for another lighter red one.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedavenger View Post
That thing is absolutely stunning. BE-A-UTIFUL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingHP View Post
Lost my first run 166g red shock in a pond at the Cedar Rapids A tier the previous weekend. Replaced it with a 173 g first run pink shock and wow. The red one was money into headwinds and the pink isn't. The couple of throws I have had it flipped over into the woods.

I have felt and thrown a second run, but I wasn't impressed with the difference. I am now on the hunt for another lighter red one.
Was the red one domey? or not? Color doesn't matter. Flat and Domey look for that.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajpity View Post
Was the red one domey? or not? Color doesn't matter. Flat and Domey look for that.
I do not know as I lost it. The pink one does have some dome to it almost similar to my volts.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingHP View Post
I do not know as I lost it. The pink one does have some dome to it almost similar to my volts.
My volts are quite flat.. If it doesn't fly the same I would hunt for a flat one.. I think that would help your problem. I've noticed some of my discs fly differently based off the dome.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:50 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
I have never seen a volt vary in dome.. i have only seen PLH differences, and that was only the first runs. Every volt i have seen since compares identical

Old 07-09-2013, 10:21 AM
* Ace Member *

All my Volts range from completely flat to slight dome. Some I can get a little "pop" from by pushing in the outside of the top with my thumbs (slight dome), and others I cannot (flat).