Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
New threads don't keep a forum alive, active threads do. If you don't find what you want from the thread, pose your question in it to make the thread better.

You can keep making a new thread with every new thought you have. Eventually, people will tire of it and stop sharing info with you. Go ahead and call me the police too since my reply isn't what you want to hear.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHBH
Here is my log of the complete program. I did it a month or so ago then another member started and just finished also. Great program and really improved my putting. It is not an end all but it really does make a difference.

You don't have to buy anything but it is a discraft guy and of course he will promote it. I use wizards so that is what i used. I really don't think it matters what you use it is just about raising your confidence more than anything else.

Last edited by Chainchaser; 07-09-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:07 AM

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 16
Wink More Putters

I am of the firm belief that more putters is better. Preferably all the exactly the same.
Less time walking and more time putting.
When you get in a groove and are hitting several in a row and reinforcing your muscle memory you don't have to stop and go collect putters.
When you realize a glitch in a putt you can keep putting to correct it.
With 10 putters you should be able to make 100 putts in @ 15-16 min. Even faster with 20 putters. It is hard for me to carry/stack more then 20 putters back to the station.

Practice makes putts, Don't practice without PropPutt
Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM
Noodle Arm

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainchaser View Post
Here is my log of the complete program. I did it a month or so ago then another member started and just finished also. Great program and really improved my putting. It is not an end all but it really does make a difference.

You don't have to buy anything but it is a discraft guy and of course he will promote it. I use wizards so that is what i used. I really don't think it matters what you use it is just about raising your confidence more than anything else.
What he said. you can follow my post on that thread as well.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHFH
All I need is a basket within 20 miles! I know what I'm asking for for Christmas!
Old 07-09-2013, 10:35 AM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
All I need is a basket within 20 miles! I know what I'm asking for for Christmas!
In the meantime, something as simple as a broomstick or a piece of tape on a wall in the sweet spot will suffice. Being able to hit those will make the baskets on the course look like the Grand Canyon!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Noodle Arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPutt View Post
Don't practice without PropPutt
What in the world are you talking about???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
In the meantime, something as simple as a broomstick or a piece of tape on a wall in the sweet spot will suffice. Being able to hit those will make the baskets on the course look like the Grand Canyon!
Great advice. I use to hang a blanket on the clothes line and aim for the middle. Then I got a portable basket, lol
Old 07-15-2013, 07:10 AM

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 16
What in the worl are you talking about?

Last year I started keeping track of my putting practice sessions. I would keep notes on how many times I hit metal(cage & above,no pole) or made the putt(flushed it) and then figure out my percentages in an effort to track my improvement over time. It was very time consuming so I had a guy write an app to keep track of it for me. At first it was going to be for me and a few friends but I got carried away with it and figure we would publish it. I now have 1000's of putts over different terrains and conditions I can look back at and see what I did to improve over time. It has been a great tool to help improve my putting skills.
Just trying to do my part to help grow the sport.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 108
I honestly believe that the best part of that video is the 15 minute clause (get it, "clause"... "Mark 'Lizard Lawyer' Ellis"... get it? get it? Eh eh? ... Sorry). There are some days where I can go 300+ putts in a row without losing focus. But most days? If I'm still putting after 20 solid minutes (everyone has different breaking points, but its usually right around 15-20) then I'm probably letting my form slip and I'm putting silly, and mixing up what I'm doing. A break to throw drives at around 15-20 minutes is necessary and I may not have realized that without the video.

I definitely took the 15 minute break to heart. The rest of the routine is *TOTALLY* arbitrary. There are a MILLION different routines you can use to build a great putt. But understanding that limit - where you lose focus and form falls by the wayside? Huge. Definitely a useful video.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:34 AM
Noodle Arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPutt View Post
Last year I started keeping track of my putting practice sessions. I would keep notes on how many times I hit metal(cage & above,no pole) or made the putt(flushed it) and then figure out my percentages in an effort to track my improvement over time. It was very time consuming so I had a guy write an app to keep track of it for me. At first it was going to be for me and a few friends but I got carried away with it and figure we would publish it. I now have 1000's of putts over different terrains and conditions I can look back at and see what I did to improve over time. It has been a great tool to help improve my putting skills.
Just trying to do my part to help grow the sport.
I was happy with the Mark Ellis program, and I didn't keep track of every single shot because I could see the change over time. I was in it for the overall, not to keep track of every single shot. Plus, your app probably isn't on the android market either, lol