Old 07-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHFH
Making VIbrams more visible

I've got a bag with a fair number of Vibram discs. Since today was my first go, I noticed that the blue hues with specs of color totally blended into all of the grass and wildflowers. Is there a way to say dye grey to white to yellow maybe in an X on top?
Old 07-13-2013, 01:00 AM
Eagle Member

I made an ugly salmon colored ridge come out pretty well with shaving cream, dyed it black and red.

Last edited by Hlasianguy06; 07-13-2013 at 01:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 30
I don't think there is any way to lighten the color of a disc. You can only make it darker and adding to much color can make it even more camoflauged. I usually just die a large pattern in one color on my Vibrams, helps make them a little easier to find.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
I've got a bag with a fair number of Vibram discs. Since today was my first go, I noticed that the blue hues with specs of color totally blended into all of the grass and wildflowers. Is there a way to say dye grey to white to yellow maybe in an X on top?
The best thing to do would be to just give me all of your Vibram discs. I will conduct further investigation and field testing. Thanks.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 17
I love Vibram discs, but they really need to stop using green. I have seen some that look like a great camo disc and damn near impossible to find even when you are looking right at it. There are some other colors that they could take out as well.

I had a green ascent that I attempted to dye red using the shaving cream method. Result was a Green and Brown disc that was harder to find and looked like sh*t. First round I played with it, I threw it in the brush and never found it.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRW III View Post
I love Vibram discs, but they really need to stop using green. I have seen some that look like a great camo disc and damn near impossible to find even when you are looking right at it. There are some other colors that they could take out as well.

I had a green ascent that I attempted to dye red using the shaving cream method. Result was a Green and Brown disc that was harder to find and looked like sh*t. First round I played with it, I threw it in the brush and never found it.
They will probably stop making green discs once people stop buying green discs.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:08 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHFH
Light brown?! Who the heck thinks light brown is a good disc color? In the dry as a bone Midwest, that brown with little blue and green flecks is perfect camo for Central Texas scrub land. I got lucky once when someone found it in otherwise low sparse grass. I'd literally walked right over one of them.

I'm wondering...when I paint miniatures and prime everything black, I can get to yellow by going grey then white then yellow. I may experiment some with this. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:26 PM

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 13
i have a brown and white vibram that i did some sharpie art on. nothing fancy but worked great. playing in the winter in pa with a brown and white sucks but after the sharpie art had no probs finding the disc
Old 07-17-2013, 04:33 PM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374093136.457132.jpgThis guy was a very dependable disc, but one breezy day I lost it in a rocky gully....was upset, it hurt.

Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Eagle Member

I took this ugly muddy mess that had sat in a pond for about year and gave it a idye bath. She's now a very pretty shade of red(little but darker than the photo shows) that I think I may do a v for vendetta shaving cream overlay with some black rit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130714_121519_320.jpg (120.3 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130717_201705_352.jpg (78.8 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by Hlasianguy06; 07-17-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: addition