#791  
Old 07-08-2013, 12:19 PM
tbird888's Avatar
tbird888 tbird888 is offline
Putters! Putters! Putters!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 87
Throwing Style: LHFH
Posts: 8,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-James View Post
Things I Dislike

•bag tips on hills, luckily discs stay in (except for 1 time)
Point the front of the bag uphill when you set it on the ground. No more tipping.
Reply With Quote
  #792  
Old 07-08-2013, 02:33 PM
NH DISCDOLF J NH DISCDOLF J is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Concord NH
Years Playing: 2.9
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 81
Bags tip. Living in New England playing hilly and mountain courses it happens. My GRIP tips from time to time. My buddies ERGO tips from time to time. I don't think it should be a deciding factor in a bag purchase.

However, with the ERGO having the vertical disc carry, it is easily the lightest bag on the market. Big Hyzer could put a small counter weight in the bottom of the bag to keep it upright. The bag is so well designed it would still feel like you are carrying nothing.

I want an ERGO for the sake of my back. I generally play between 7-10 rounds a week. Sometimes on weekends I play 54 or 72 a day. This bag could be a life saver. Any unhappy ERGO customers want to trade straight up for a two week old GRIP??
Reply With Quote
  #793  
Old 07-09-2013, 12:51 AM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird888 View Post
Point the front of the bag uphill when you set it on the ground. No more tipping.
Orrrrr....figure out your shot before you head up the hill and leave your bag at the bottom.
Reply With Quote
  #794  
Old 07-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Stevo's Avatar
Stevo Stevo is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by discddwn View Post
Actually it might have to do with the Alabama state championships this weekend. John was playing there sporting a ergo2 prototype. It looks pretty sweet. The proto had true water bottle holders and bigger side compartments. The front pocket looks like a traditional putter pocket and the main compartment zips from the top down and around in a "U" shape. It looks like he's been paying attention to feedback about the bag. I don't know him personally but he was a real nice guy and very approachable. I'll probably be getting the ergo2 when it drops.
spotted in the wild? http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=91844

Already posted this theory in the UB disc golf thread
Reply With Quote
  #795  
Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 PM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
spotted in the wild? http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=91844

Already posted this theory in the UB disc golf thread
that is an entirely different bag from UB not the ergo.
Reply With Quote
  #796  
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 PM
discddwn's Avatar
discddwn discddwn is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,326
Looks different than what John was carrying. That UB design looks real similar to what I designed for that contest physical flight had on the boards a while back.


The ergo2 (I'm not calling it this, it was embroidered on the bag) has the vertical storage with a open putter pocket on the front. It looked to hold about 4-5 discs in that pocket. The side pockets were the same design as the ergo just bigger. I would think it could hold a good bit more than a cellphone and wallet. The drink holders were more toward the front of the bag. Probably to help balance it more. The ergo2 proto did not have the mahal like side pockets that the UB has.
Reply With Quote
  #797  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM
Stevo's Avatar
Stevo Stevo is online now
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by discddwn View Post
Looks different than what John was carrying. That UB design looks real similar to what I designed for that contest physical flight had on the boards a while back.


The ergo2 (I'm not calling it this, it was embroidered on the bag) has the vertical storage with a open putter pocket on the front. It looked to hold about 4-5 discs in that pocket. The side pockets were the same design as the ergo just bigger. I would think it could hold a good bit more than a cellphone and wallet. The drink holders were more toward the front of the bag. Probably to help balance it more. The ergo2 proto did not have the mahal like side pockets that the UB has.
Copy that.

/wild speculation
Reply With Quote
  #798  
Old 07-15-2013, 09:31 AM
asymes83 asymes83 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Clarksville, TN
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
that is an entirely different bag from UB not the ergo.
I agree this is a totally different bag than the Ergo - here is an old forum thread about the UB Disc Golf bag back from 2011 and it never was released, so this I believe is a continuation from that.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=41992
Reply With Quote
  #799  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Dana Dana is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 208
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,129
Curious if anyone out there is going horizontal with their discs? If so, how many you fitting?
Reply With Quote
 
  

  #800  
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 AM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
Curious if anyone out there is going horizontal with their discs? If so, how many you fitting?
I tried, but it really ate into the storage space below. As a result. I am going vertical and can fit up to about 19 that way.

Hopefully someone else can chime in, but I think vertical is the way to go with this one.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.