Old 07-24-2013, 02:34 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajames View Post
Question for you amp throwers...

As it beats in, does it lose HSS or LSS first?

In other words, does it fade less or turn more

I'm talking about the early stage of wear.
I've played a couple times a week with mine since April and given it lots of use (my bag was speed capped by the 3 MVP fairways until this month) and noticed neither aspect has changed so far. I'll go with slow beat-in, which ever happens.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 10
Just a few more days and my Amp will be here. This disc sounds like it will be a great disc for Understable Fairway Shots. Once my Volt gets here I'll pretty much have my Fairway drivers covered.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:27 AM
* Ace Member *

I think really flat Amps tend to lose the HSS first, but I've got a domier blue one right now that I have a good feeling about...I just haven't hit enough stuff with it to tell. I love the glide on the blue one too...It always goes as far as my Volts, where other Amps I've had tended to be a little shorter.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
I think really flat Amps tend to lose the HSS first, but I've got a domier blue one right now that I have a good feeling about...I just haven't hit enough stuff with it to tell. I love the glide on the blue one too...It always goes as far as my Volts, where other Amps I've had tended to be a little shorter.
Man I hope the one I get is a domey one. I pulled the trigger on a orange 168 gram Neutron Amp.

I ordered a Neutron Volt too. It's a 168 Red one.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:34 AM
* Ace Member *

I have to confess that I have been throwing my seasoned Amp more than any other MVP driver. I've really developed some touch with it, carving out lines from varying hyzer releases. I've been using it on a lot of 300ish wooded holes where it is too low or tight for me to throw a mid. I've been using it BH an FH as well. I can make it fly just like a new Amp, or I can get some really understable lines out of it. It is also capable of a 100% straight tunnel shot now with almost no fade. This Amp was one of my testers (red 172) and I've done everything I can do to try to beat the stability out.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 AM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 104
I currently have a FR red 172 shock which is so workable like you describe. All my amps were pretty stable at lower speeds where this thing is actually understable and flips to straight so easily. It would be nice to see a slower production disc from MVP which would fit this slot more-so than the AMP which is a great driver IMO but not understable really and I would even say a bit touchy.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
I currently have a FR red 172 shock which is so workable like you describe. All my amps were pretty stable at lower speeds where this thing is actually understable and flips to straight so easily. It would be nice to see a slower production disc from MVP which would fit this slot more-so than the AMP which is a great driver IMO but not understable really and I would even say a bit touchy.
I need a touchy disc to develop touch with. A disc like a TB will not bend to my will, rather impose it's own. With that Amp I can throw shots that flip and fade to the shape of the fairway or my visualization. Few things in disc golf are as satisfying as throwing the exact line you imagined on a technical hole.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 35
i love the amp in technical tight situations, esp when a mid would suffice if only there was more space and ability to rip into it.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:40 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
... Few things in disc golf are as satisfying as throwing the exact line you imagined on a technical hole.
This.

It may sound weird, but my Amp is like an "extra sensory disc", for me. Not that this will be the same experience for other people, but its just how i imagine an under-stable disc of its class to fly and when i throw it, it does exactly what i thought it would do and its super compatible with how my mind works when planning a throw.

If i ever doubt my initial estimation, i have a bad throw with the amp, but if i trust my instinct its super easy to throw.

I cant say that about the shock or volt, but they are still very good discs..

@_@

Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Few things in disc golf are as satisfying as throwing the exact line you imagined on a technical hole.

I can't help but walk away with a smile after this happens.