Old 07-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
I'm a little confused here.. a fair portion of the DGCR community (and the disc golf community at large) talk about TV broadcasting disc golf events being necessary for disc golf to 'get big'.. and then complain when it gets there?! Peter Shive in my opinion summed up the issue nicely: what is the value of disc golf event broadcasting/viewing rights?

For most of the history of disc golf, broadcasting/viewing rights have been seen as less than worthless.. e.g. the PDGA actually pays for broadcasting/viewing itself. The EO is the very first event I've seen where this model has changed, and it is assumed that the broadcasting/viewing rights *do* have some value. lcgm8 not being (legally) able to post much footage online is simply an extension of this: he doesn't have the contract for the EO broadcasting/viewing rights.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 134
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
i see. I guess showing it live had some strings attached. but make the video and upload it to a torrent. :P...I'm not even sure that kinda of talk is legal on the forum but he could do it but he would not get credit for it and would be hard to find.
torrents arent illegal
Old 07-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
torrents arent illegal
But distributing content that you don't have the rights to distribute is..
Old 07-25-2013, 12:44 PM
I think I'm important

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 105
Send a message via AIM to _MTL_ Send a message via Yahoo to _MTL_
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett View Post
I'm a little confused here.. a fair portion of the DGCR community (and the disc golf community at large) talk about TV broadcasting disc golf events being necessary for disc golf to 'get big'.. and then complain when it gets there?!

Exactly.

Pretty much on point with most DG related items inside the sport. Those who complain the most do the least.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:06 PM

Dear DGCR readers and contributors: I want to get things straight and cut all the incorrect speculations about broadcasting rights of European Open. So, here´s the deal.

* lcgm8 and Innova has an agreement of 3-month interim for SpinTV. In that time, we will make together DG videos for SpinTV YouTube channel to all viewers.

* Our plan was and is still to make videos from European Open Preliminary, Presidents Cup and European Open. It will take some time to make these videos. Patience.

* There are no restrictions given to lcgm8 for these videos. I will work with him as a producer in these videos. We are currently editing the Presidents Cup video. Juha (lgcm8) is doing huge work for these videos and I hope you understand that they does not happen overnight. Usually, he uses 10+ hours to make just a one piece.

* SpinTV is free video platform made by Innova Champion. We concentrate to release In the Bag videos, tips and product information videos from our stuff and team players. In our tournament coverage videos, we will bring out the atmosphere and winners of the tournament (regardless of a team). Our tournament coverage videos are limited to 3-5 minutes each to make it easier to consume. This style might be different than other styles. There is a reason for all our decisions.

* I´m happy to get feedback from our videos.

I want to get these European Open moments to peoples home screens as much as you. Thank you.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 59
Jussi has YLE contacted you about broadcasting more disc golf tournaments?
Old 07-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeresmaa View Post
* lcgm8 and Innova has an agreement of 3-month interim for SpinTV. In that time, we will make together DG videos for SpinTV YouTube channel to all viewers.
so am I getting this right, you, icgm8, and spintv are working together for this?

also, will icgm8 be allowed to post the full coverage, not just the 3-5 segements you plan?

thank you for clarifying and welcome to the forums
Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 PM

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeresmaa View Post
Dear DGCR readers and contributors: I want to get things straight and cut all the incorrect speculations about broadcasting rights of European Open. So, here´s the deal.

* Our plan was and is still to make videos from European Open Preliminary, Presidents Cup and European Open. It will take some time to make these videos. Patience.

* There are no restrictions given to lcgm8 for these videos. I will work with him as a producer in these videos. We are currently editing the Presidents Cup video. Juha (lgcm8) is doing huge work for these videos and I hope you understand that they does not happen overnight. Usually, he uses 10+ hours to make just a one piece.

* SpinTV is free video platform made by Innova Champion. We concentrate to release In the Bag videos, tips and product information videos from our stuff and team players. In our tournament coverage videos, we will bring out the atmosphere and winners of the tournament (regardless of a team). Our tournament coverage videos are limited to 3-5 minutes each to make it easier to consume. This style might be different than other styles. There is a reason for all our decisions.

* I´m happy to get feedback from our videos.

I want to get these European Open moments to peoples home screens as much as you. Thank you.
Thanks for taking the time to explain, I did not understand that lcgm8 actually works for the SpinTV. Nice to hear that he gets to do what he does so well in a more professional manner. However I will still miss the full round coverages free in Youtube, was totally expecting to get to see them. But excited nonetheless to see what you guys have up your sleeves.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyith View Post
so am I getting this right, you, icgm8, and spintv are working together for this?

also, will icgm8 be allowed to post the full coverage, not just the 3-5 segements you plan?

thank you for clarifying and welcome to the forums
We plan to make app. 12-minute video of Presidents cup and three app. 5-7 minute videos of MPO lead card round to cover all holes.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosteve View Post
Jussi has YLE contacted you about broadcasting more disc golf tournaments?
No further discussions kept.