Old 07-26-2013, 01:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 69
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigles View Post
We are only 6 people in my town who play, and we only have a practice field, no course.

I practice alone alot.
I moved to Azerbaijan 6 months ago. No course anywhere near me. I found an old gravel pit that at some point may have resembled a field. 2-3 times a week I make a point of getting out to throw some plastic so I don't completely forget how to throw. It is always me and ONLY me.

I am working on getting a course installed and spreading the enjoyment of this game to people who have never seen a disc / Frisbee. Things take time here. Trying to explain the sport is more difficult than I would have ever imagined. On the plus side though, I am close to Europe and get to play some courses when I travel that I would not have ever had the chance to do.

Being in the SOLO mindset, I have tried to focus on some aspects of the game that can help me in the long run. My driving form and putting practice.

Solo or not. When I get some plastic in the air and it starts to ride the wind, I get a great feeling out of it. It's still enjoyable.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88weeks View Post
I moved to Azerbaijan 6 months ago. No course anywhere near me. I found an old gravel pit that at some point may have resembled a field. 2-3 times a week I make a point of getting out to throw some plastic so I don't completely forget how to throw. It is always me and ONLY me.

I am working on getting a course installed and spreading the enjoyment of this game to people who have never seen a disc / Frisbee. Things take time here. Trying to explain the sport is more difficult than I would have ever imagined. On the plus side though, I am close to Europe and get to play some courses when I travel that I would not have ever had the chance to do.

Being in the SOLO mindset, I have tried to focus on some aspects of the game that can help me in the long run. My driving form and putting practice.

Solo or not. When I get some plastic in the air and it starts to ride the wind, I get a great feeling out of it. It's still enjoyable.
What takes you to Azerbaijan? Work?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:59 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
What takes you to Azerbaijan? Work?
Yes indeed. Will work for plastic!

Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 28
I play alone now for the most part. I don't mind it.. Big groups slow you down.. Especially when you have a busy life.