Old 07-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeypaws View Post
The 2nd one is mine and its been less then a month but instead of throwing RHFH Ive been doing the LHBH since then. Gotta say I love being able to do this as it opens up the option for the stable and understable discs while turning right. Im not great at it yet but decent enough as my main place to play has a lot of right turns. It was slow going at first but once you basically just slow down and wire the mechanics of throwing lefty into the brain it gets super easy. Just gotta throw a lot of practice swings before you actually throw as well as practice the X step. Totally worth it as even tho Im still not great at it I have a lot more consistency and accuracy then I did with my RHFH especially for mid range type of stuff. Long range Im still not good with LHBH tho. Im decent at long rang FH but for mid range and approach it just doesnt do what I want it to and I understand that FH more prone to injury so F THAT!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by demon102; 07-19-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Lefty Activist

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 100
Throwing Style: LHBH
David Floyd flicks right-handed and putts left-handed.

Nathan Smith(I think) can do just about everything both-handed if I remember correctly.

Aaron Cunningham can MASH a drive left-handed. Check the drive at 6:39 --

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.6
Courses Played: 20
This topic seems to come up a lot. I'm right handed but I do everything with both hands but putt. I had to learn to play left-handed because sometimes my right shoulder just goes dead due to a rotator cuff tear that never healed properly. I actually drive quite a bit farther left handed than right handed now (350 vs. 300 golf D) with about the same accuracy. It's honestly not that difficult if you're willing to put a couple of months of work into it.

Last edited by burdphil; 07-19-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM
Birdie Member

I played with a great guy from OK named Doug Maxfield at Worlds last week and he could drive and approach with either arm. It was really something to see in person. He told us that his friends back home named him "Cheater" !! I've tried but it feels really weak and will take a ridiculous amount of practice to get comfortable with. Who knows?
Old 07-19-2013, 07:54 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon102 View Post
The 2nd one is mine and its been less then a month but instead of throwing RHFH Ive been doing the LHBH since then. Gotta say I love being able to do this as it opens up the option for the stable and understable discs while turning right. Im not great at it yet but decent enough as my main place to play has a lot of right turns. It was slow going at first but once you basically just slow down and wire the mechanics of throwing lefty into the brain it gets super easy. Just gotta throw a lot of practice swings before you actually throw as well as practice the X step. Totally worth it as even tho Im still not great at it I have a lot more consistency and accuracy then I did with my RHFH especially for mid range type of stuff. Long range Im still not good with LHBH tho. Im decent at long rang FH but for mid range and approach it just doesnt do what I want it to and I understand that FH more prone to injury so F THAT!
The first is mine!

I started doing it because of a bad grip that was hurting my fingers - I've since rectified that, but it is fun to heave one off-handed once in a while.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 60
Throwing Style: RHBH
I can't throw with my left hand to save my life & that's why I learned to throw forehand.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 26
My buddy is left handed but throws right handed. His lhbh is better than his rhfh so he has given up on forehand.
Old 07-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Par Member

Ya I dont see any way barring injury or something else wrong with the other arm where FH could ever compete with BH. I really think that the next generation of champions will all be ambidextrous and if you cant swing it you wont be able to compete on the same level.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 40
For me personally, I drive lefty and putt righty. As for the approach shots, I prefer to go left handed, but the right handed shot is available to me. Driving right handed, however, is somehow completely impossible for me.

Old 07-27-2013, 03:25 PM
Eagle Member

i suppose you can throw discs while in the water but i don't see how being amphibious gives you much of an advantage