Old 07-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Don Rickles #1 Fan

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 89
Throwing Style: LHFH
One disc each. It's called a Buzzz vs Roc challenge, not a Buzzzes vs Rocs challenge.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 15.4
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeCroisQue View Post
I never get all the Buzzz vs Roc stuff. Why not just use both. The way I see it, you're just limiting yourself by not using as many great molds as possible.

Of course if one of them just doesn't work fo you then don't use it.
I used the Buzzz for years before switching to Rocs. I tried adding the Buzz back to the bag last year and just couldn't find a reason to keep it. I think the Buzzz is a great disc, but what shot can you throw with a buzz that you can't with a roc?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Par Member

my Roc went "OB" and is lost, probably I can get it in winter... so I guess Buzzz wins? Oh wait, it's not even in my bag anymore - Pain and Core won!!!
I have to admit though, the Buzzz is really a forgiving and easy disc...

But I actually like the idea of a one disc only tournament. One disc only, no different molds or wear stages. Just one.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:51 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by discreid View Post
I used the Buzzz for years before switching to Rocs. I tried adding the Buzz back to the bag last year and just couldn't find a reason to keep it. I think the Buzzz is a great disc, but what shot can you throw with a buzz that you can't with a roc?
I think the buzzz does straight a little better. I also find it better on low ceiling shots, and I flick it much better than rocs. That being said, I keep a champ roc For overstable wind shots and a beat roc for turnovers. Then I keep the Buzzz in there for the straight shots.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:54 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
I never get all the Buzzz vs Roc stuff. Why not just use both. The way I see it, you're just limiting yourself by not using as many great molds as possible.

Yeah unless your carrying a bunch in different stages of wear, they are not meant to be similar flyers, Buzzz is an easier line shaper and Roc is meant for a solid fade and better in wind. Really to do this contest it would be better to do Roc vs Wasp or Shark vs Buzzz.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 12
Quote:

Hear hear. I have only had a Buzzz for half a year and I just now got a Roc (well, two Rocs actually) and I love the Buzzz but haven't gotten to throw my Rocs much. Although with the little amount I have thrown them I am sure that they will work well and all these discs will find a place in my game.

I am honestly getting kind of sick of Buzzz vs. Roc. I think they both can live peacefully in the same bag
Old 07-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 3
I mean, I only carry one mold for the whole bag....about 21 differently worn Firebirds and I'm getting along fine...

Anyway, I wanted to get more consistency with my shots so I tried out the 1 mid range thing for a while with Buzzz's. I love my buzzz's, but they're just not THAT versitile. I would say the roc is better in that aspect, but I'm stil a Buzzz guy deep down, so I just re-added other molds lol
Old 07-28-2013, 01:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 1
The discs don't matter as much as the throwers. You could have a Wolf vs. Roc challenge with the Wolf guy winning. Not sure why these peeing contests matter so much.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemeli137 View Post
If you cant throw another molds then what roc will you choose? Id probably approve every roc mold and buzzz,wasp and buzzz ss cos buzzz was made from wasp and buzzz ss was made from buzzz. Same with rocs.
tell you what, i'll carry 4 kc rocs, and you can carry 4 z buzzzes or whatever plastic you choose. no wasps or buzzz ss's. no sir, just like i won't be carrying a roc3 or classic roc, because then it would just be unfair.

Old 07-28-2013, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 59
There was a tourney exactly like this a couple of years ago at a course close to wear I live (Brown Deer DGC) & the competitors were allowed to carry as many Rocs or Buzzes (you had to choose either Rocs or Buzzes not both) as they wanted.