2. Steady Ed
3. Bracketts Bluff(Old)
4. Stoney Hill
5. WR Jackson
Old 07-31-2013, 02:59 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 44
In no particular order;

Diamond X, Billings, MT: this isn't so much a course as it is an experience. There is nothing quite like throwing up down around over under and off of literal 100 foot cliffs for 36 holes. There is nothing like The X anywhere that I have ever been.

Horning's Hideout, North Plains, OR: Only the Meadow Ridge course is needed for me to put Horning's on the list, but what really puts it over the top is the fact that there are 3 vastly different courses all in the same place. Meadow Ridge is a bit of a torture chamber, but in the best way possible while Canyon might be good enough to make the list on it's own. Also, I rarely have as much fun as when I am playing the Highland course. Short and easy, but it has all of the variety that you could ask for.

Milo McIver, Estacada, OR: In particular the Beaver State Fling layout is absolutely spectacular. There are so many unique challenges in the 36 holes. Also, this course is one of the fairest that I have ever played. An errant drive will punish you, but not cost you multiple strokes. There are very few holes that are "throw it near that tree and hope for the best." Additionally, it is extremely well-maintained and every hole feels like a new challenge.

Priest Pass, Helena, MT: This is a seasonal course that only has baskets during the Continental Classic Tournament every year, but when they are in it is among the best courses anywhere. Literally on top of the Continental Divide, you are playing at 5000'+ elevation. There is an amazing variety of shots required and no hole feels like any other. When the wind is blowing, the course will play 8 shots harder, but that just adds to the fun.

I know that this is supposed to be 5-10 long, but these are the ones that really stand out to me as better than anywhere else I have played. The next tier is
Adair Park, Adair OR
Blue Mountain, Missoula, MT
SeaTac, Seattle, WA
Pier Park, Portland, OR
Whistler's Bend, Roseburg, OR
Hickory Hills, Traverse City, MI
Old 07-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20.1
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: RHFH
Lots that I love, but I'm going with MORAINE STATE PARK as my number one. The only course that I can play over and over and over and still enjoy it as much as the first time I played.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 66
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris deitzel View Post
Lots that I love, but I'm going with MORAINE STATE PARK as my number one. The only course that I can play over and over and over and still enjoy it as much as the first time I played.
I haven't played nearly as many courses at a lot of people on here, but Moraine would be number one for me too. Awesome, awesome course. The holes seem to compliment each other and flow from one to the next very well. It's just so complete.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 37
Fox Chase is my home course and I'm digging all the love.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Suffers from Delusions of Grandeur

Years Playing: 13
Courses Played: 134
I base my judgement of a course on a few factors; challenge, fun, land use, and the least important course equipment (tees/baskets/etc). Some of my favorite course are not the most challenging but I always have a blast just playing.

In no particular order:
Dretzka Park - Milwaukee, WI
-I went to school in Milwaukee shortly after I started playing. Back then it was just Dretzka and Valley View. I spent alot of time here. From the short tees Dretzka is a fun but challenging course that requires good accuracy and descent line shaping. From the longs, it requires greater accuracy great line shaping and distance. When you add in the multiple pin placements it pushes to the top of the pile for me.

Kaposia - South St Paul, MN
- Combining everything from fun easy dueces to kicking you in the balls. This course works your mental game and shot skills. Lots of blind shots, multiple pin placements, and high risk/reward. Then add in the scenery and you have yourself a winner. I truly wish this course was at my back door again.

Meyer Broadway Original - Three Rivers, MI
- This is what I hope disc golf becomes one day. Both courses at this establishment are TRUE golf. The name of the game here is placement and control. There is nothing unfair or stupid random try in the optimal line. Make your shot or pay the price. After playing this course I felt worked mentally, and wanted to go back for more. We could have spent the entire weekend just at this place and been perfectly happy.

Leviathon - Ludington, MI
- The ultimate challenge. You think you are good, go play the black tees...good luck. This course starts out a little ordinary but right around hole 5-6 you start to see a taste of what is to come in the back half. Long, tight, and accurate is the name of the game. If you cant throw straight 250+ feet you will not enjoy the Blue or Black tees. Every shot and fairway is fair, but very demanding.

Camden II - Milan, IL
- Tight, long, and valleys make this course very challenging. You will need almost every shot in your bag, especially on the longs. There are a couple holes with the random tree in your way but it doesnt detract from the overall greatness of the course. This is one of those course that can beat you up but you leave with a smile. Camden I is no slouch either.

Notable mentions:
Oshtemo - Kalamazoo, MI
Lemon Lake Silver/Gold - Crown Point, IN
BRP - East Bethel, MN
Walnut Ridge - Johnston, IA
Stable Run - Ames, IA
Brown Deer - Milwaukee, WI
West Lake - Davenport, IA
Blueberry Hill - Highbridge, WI

p.s. Campton Hills is an awesome course! It is addicting as heck and you can crank out round after round in no time. A seriously under-rated course.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:46 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.3
Courses Played: 44
(in no order)

Pieradise DGC - Peru, IN - private, well manicured, woods/open, some elevation. really cool experience.

Brookside Park - Indianapolis, IN - classic municipal park, fairly open, some low ceilings. both FH and BH shots, some long, some short. Fun course, tough to really score well.

Keriakes Park - Bowling Green, KY - by far my favorite course at BG Ams. full trees, tough lines on most holes. open and fair, but could get in trouble without "rescue shots"

Vista Del Camino - Scottsdale, AZ - first "Real" course I ever played. So has strong memories tied to that. Also first course I played with water, so still sticks out as a fun course for me.

Severin Lang - Georgetown, IN - fair, but tough, some open, some wooded left and right shots, some elevation. Very fun course.