Old 06-24-2013, 07:26 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
I love my FD's, the only sad part is all the stuff they are kicking out of my bag. They really help keep my form from getting out of whack too. Overthrow one of these and you know pretty quick.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Par Member

so is there anywhere i can pick up a 3rd run C-line; at least where the site is in english?
Old 06-24-2013, 07:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 11
I got one from discnation that seems like a third run, it feels amazing and isn't super stuff. It's a red/pink color.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:00 PM
Par Member

Anyone thrown a Simon Lizotte one? Worth getting? Could it overlap my upcoming 165ish s-fd and 169 vip stag?
Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eemeli137 View Post
Anyone thrown a Simon Lizotte one? Worth getting? Could it overlap my upcoming 165ish s-fd and 169 vip stag?
haven't seen a signature one yet. would like to try it out though.

a note about my flat c-fds: no matter how hard i try to power on them and torque them over, they have no turn. it's crazy. i'll give it tons of oat and they immediately stabilize and resume their straight/slightly os flight. i'm hoping that the newest of the new runs are straighter and more workable, if only to compliment my flatties.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser flippin View Post
a note about my flat c-fds: no matter how hard i try to power on them and torque them over, they have no turn. it's crazy. i'll give it tons of oat and they immediately stabilize and resume their straight/slightly os flight. i'm hoping that the newest of the new runs are straighter and more workable, if only to compliment my flatties.
Kaiser: Have you ever thrown a CAL Teebird? I only have one, and I know they are beloved and known for being OS. Do you think the flat C-FDs are MORE high speed stable than CAL `birds? I have the same results as you- I just can't turn one, even with OAT. I'm worried that these are going to disappear and become the CAL Teebirds of the future.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
yeah, i have a few. i threw them for a while but got tired of paying too much for cal birds when the c-fd is the same thing. these things are pure beef, been slowly stocking up.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 44
Anyone come across a D-Line FD yet? I have been throwing a third run C-Line for a bit now and liking it, but I jumped at the chance when I found an X-Out D-Line at Play It Again yesterday. FD glide with DX plastic, and knowing that I can beat it in to a turnover machine much faster? I was stoked. Then I remembered reading that D-Line is only available in Europe. Meaning that the instant I beat this thing in it will be irreplaceable. As in, I'll never find another one. I emailed Discmania to ask about it, but apparently their customer service person (the only one obviously) is on vacation for about a month. Anyone know where to get D-Line without breaking the bank on shipping from Europe?
Old 07-31-2013, 11:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringDgLover View Post
I love the S-FD it has become my primary turnover disc. I can throw it out about 330ft and then it starts going right and finishes amazingly. I used to throw Leopards but could never get them to go that far without dumping. To me the FD is exactly what it says it is, a faster Leopard with a beefier rim. I think Discmania is really stepping up their game with this the PD, PD2 and DD2 all of which have made it into my bag.
This is all I needed to hear.. getting one to try now.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:35 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser flippin View Post
haven't seen a signature one yet. would like to try it out though.

I'm just trying Discmania out and started with the C-FD. I did find the HSS amazing. It probably fades a little more than I'd love, but it's not OS for me. Not -1, 1, more like 0, 2. I see you throw PD's as well. How do they compare?

Cheers.