Old 08-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 20
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Hey Obligation, where is black widow, a private course?
Just the fancy name for Kensingtons course.

I wonder how The Gulch is for lefties, I've been lucky enough to have solid Anhyzers (RHBH) that saves me strokes.

I'm thinking about practicing rollers because honestly there are a few holes that jacknife one side or the other too far for someone to hyzer the disc in but the right placed roller could save some strokes.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obligation View Post
The Gulch is amazing, hands down my new favorite course. (Past was black widow)
Ummmm... it's Black Locust.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 31.6
Courses Played: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obligation View Post
Just the fancy name for Kensingtons course.

I wonder how The Gulch is for lefties, I've been lucky enough to have solid Anhyzers (RHBH) that saves me strokes.

I'm thinking about practicing rollers because honestly there are a few holes that jacknife one side or the other too far for someone to hyzer the disc in but the right placed roller could save some strokes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullnelson View Post
Ummmm... it's Black Locust.
Yea, that was my confusion as well fullnelson. I don't really have a roller, but you are probably right, they might be a great answer to some of the unreachable holes at The Gulch, Obligation. Seems kind of silly to design a course for the use of rollers on multiple holes, without much other options though. I will keep trying to beat this course.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.6
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post
You live 5 mins from there, why would you suppose more people haven't played and reviewed it yet?
Most of the people I know who have played it are members from discgolfscene and are not dgcr members. Same thing with my course, Tomahawk Park. Not that we have anything against anyone here, it's just that we meet and know a lot more locals who will drive out to the sticks who are only on dgscene.

In reality, we are just regular joes, with regular jobs, who just happen to love dg and own enough land to have their own private course. With work, family, and other obligations, finding time to even play is limited. Add in finding time to mow/maintain and all I can really offer the public is a chance to join us on monday nights for our league. We don't make a dime from dg but enjoy sharing it with others.

We're not quite in the same league as Flip City or Addison Oaks, but are slowly getting there and add our own unique flavor to the disc golf experience. You could always check my course out at our league on monday nights (only 3 weeks left) at 6pm. After Labor Day, most of my free time will be focused on building other courses before winter settles in.

Last edited by donnyv; 08-07-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHFH
Muskegon's McGraft Park now has cement tees on twelve holes in the long tee position. The other long tees are to be done in the next couple of weeks. The short tees are supposedly also getting cement tees, but will require separate fundraising.

This course needed cement tees more than any I'm aware of.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:52 AM

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 44
Throwing Style: RHFH
The Gulch

Merrill Park West - The Gulch is the name of the course. Just opened a few weeks ago in Hamburg.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 1
Grayling

Just played a new nine hole course in grayling. It is nine holes and is across the street from the fish hatchery. No name or anything, but the course was a fun play. Seems a little rough around the edges. There are no signs or teepads but the baskets are brand new. A sign is visible from the road (disc golf here) basically. When you pull into the park, there is nothing to indicate where to go, however. Just walk through the playground, pavilion, and down the stairs. First hole is on the left and throws to the right. After that the course is intuitive.

If someone already posted about this course, sorry to be redundant. I graze on this thread all the time and did not see anything.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringerguy View Post
Just played a new nine hole course in grayling. It is nine holes and is across the street from the fish hatchery. No name or anything, but the course was a fun play. Seems a little rough around the edges. There are no signs or teepads but the baskets are brand new. A sign is visible from the road (disc golf here) basically. When you pull into the park, there is nothing to indicate where to go, however. Just walk through the playground, pavilion, and down the stairs. First hole is on the left and throws to the right. After that the course is intuitive.

If someone already posted about this course, sorry to be redundant. I graze on this thread all the time and did not see anything.
Haven't heard of it yet. I'm sure we'll get more details later.

Speaking of Grayling, the Hanson Hills courses have been renamed appropriately on DGCR to Grayling Rotary - PDGA and Grayling Rotary - Pine Knoll. Credit and appreciation is now given to the Grayling Rotary Club for their support of disc golf And if you haven't played both those courses, you are missing out. Neither course gets enough credit for how nice they are and how great the disc golf is.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 102
Rosevear Park in Owosso will have the concrete pads installed on Sunday August 25th. Anyone that can help us should come on out and give us a hand. We are FINALLY in the finishing stages of completion. Baskets are the final addition to be installed before October. The end is near!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 03:15 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 30
Leviathan now has all chainstars. We replaced the handful of older single chain discatchers. Yay!
Now to finish all the concrete teepads....