Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppydisc View Post
I got to watch Lopan sink a sweet 331' ACE today with his Blue GL Fury. It was pretty. Would have been even prettier if it had been me!
My god it was a thing of BEAUTY! Perfect narrow S-Curve that just kissed the right side foliage and came back to the pin. BOOM!
2:20 is the hole.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Last edited by LoPan12; 07-31-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 AM
* Ace Member *

fury has won for me over the underworld. its just more trustworthy and the glide makes it easy to dial down the power and still get some great distance.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 2
FURY throwers, I'd like to know, which plastic is "better" for hyzer flipping to a dead straight shot? Opto or GL?
Also, does a Fury compare at all to a 175g star sidewinder? This is what I use for a hyzer flip to straight shot.

thanks!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:02 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
FURY throwers, I'd like to know, which plastic is "better" for hyzer flipping to a dead straight shot? Opto or GL?
Also, does a Fury compare at all to a 175g star sidewinder? This is what I use for a hyzer flip to straight shot.

thanks!
I actually replaced my Star sidewinder with a GL fury. I had been throwing sidewinders for years but I got a hold of the fury and knew from day one I wasn't looking back. The are about the same speed and the fury has more glide, because the extra glide I feel like its a lot more controllable and works right to left shots (RHBH) easier and stays straighter on hyzer flips. It's surprisingly not very nose angle sensitive at all, very easy disc to throw. And surprisingly long sometimes. Get one and you won't regret it!
Old 08-14-2013, 01:28 AM
Eagle Member

nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidClutch View Post
I actually replaced my Star sidewinder with a GL fury. I had been throwing sidewinders for years but I got a hold of the fury and knew from day one I wasn't looking back. The are about the same speed and the fury has more glide, because the extra glide I feel like its a lot more controllable and works right to left shots (RHBH) easier and stays straighter on hyzer flips. It's surprisingly not very nose angle sensitive at all, very easy disc to throw. And surprisingly long sometimes. Get one and you won't regret it!
now that's a good response! Now I'm VERY interested in a GL fury...
Do you think that extra glide makes the fury worse in the wind vs a star sidewinder?
My sw isn't great in winds but it can still hang with correct form.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 12
Quote:
now that's a good response! Now I'm VERY interested in a GL fury...
Do you think that extra glide makes the fury worse in the wind vs a star sidewinder?
My sw isn't great in winds but it can still hang with correct form.
The Furies I have thrown do not like headwind at all. But if you power them down with hyzer, they seem to go a long way relatively straight.
Old 08-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Eagle Member

fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
The Furies I have thrown do not like headwind at all. But if you power them down with hyzer, they seem to go a long way relatively straight.
Cool, you're talkin like 80% power?
Any reason why it's not in your sig/bag?
Old 08-14-2013, 01:54 AM
* Ace Member *

Well it would depend on your power level. Your 80% may be different then my 80%. I would throw mine at about 60% for a 350ft throw in low/moderate wind. In tailwind however I could mash on it. But the reason for it not being in my bag now is that I lost two within about 3 weeks, and I liked my River better. I found the River to be more controllable and versatile for me personally. With all that said however, I was throwing a 168 and a 169. So take that into account too.
Old 08-14-2013, 02:02 AM
Eagle Member

lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
Well it would depend on your power level. Your 80% may be different then my 80%. I would throw mine at about 60% for a 350ft throw in low/moderate wind. In tailwind however I could mash on it. But the reason for it not being in my bag now is that I lost two within about 3 weeks, and I liked my River better. I found the River to be more controllable and versatile for me personally. With all that said however, I was throwing a 168 and a 169. So take that into account too.
so was it too flippy for you at that weight?
did you lose it from flipping it unintentionally?

Old 08-14-2013, 02:21 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
so was it too flippy for you at that weight?
did you lose it from flipping it unintentionally?
I wouldn't say it was TOO flippy. I'm sure if I thought out my shots better with it it would have been fine. I think that if I wasn't so attached to Rivers I would try a heavy Opto and see how that went. But I lost it throwing big anhyzers with it. Like the kind that the hole doesn't even call for. It was too fun. I couldn't help it.