Old 08-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Ordering a Players Pack

I searched for this to no avail.

I was wondering if you can order a players pack from a tournament?

I really like some of the players packs that are offered, for example Am Worlds, or a Vibram event, yet I can't actually go to the event.

Can you order just the players pack and pay to have it shipped?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 02:43 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.4
Courses Played: 60
If you sign up or the event and cannot make it. The TD should provide the player pack to you.
From the competition manual - No refunds will be issued after the 7th day prior to the start of the event, but the player shall be sent a player’s package if one was provided to event competitors.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Just going off the bigger DD events I have played, you can always order a player pack only entry. It is usually more than the fee to play but still less than the retail of the pack of course. They usually let you give your choice on the disc and then ship it out after the tourney. I think the am world's player pack only was $200.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by krupicka View Post
If you sign up or the event and cannot make it. The TD should provide the player pack to you.
From the competition manual - No refunds will be issued after the 7th day prior to the start of the event, but the player shall be sent a player’s package if one was provided to event competitors.
Awesome. Thanks! I haven't played a tourney yet so I wasn't sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Just going off the bigger DD events I have played, you can always order a player pack only entry. It is usually more than the fee to play but still less than the retail of the pack of course. They usually let you give your choice on the disc and then ship it out after the tourney. I think the am world's player pack only was $200.
Do you recall what exactly was in the players pack?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabay View Post
Awesome. Thanks! I haven't played a tourney yet so I wasn't sure.

Do you recall what exactly was in the players pack?
For am world's? Voucher for a shirt from Discraft I think, 8 discs from just about every manufacturer, a Ranger bag, and many other smaller items. I didn't get one but it was a big pack. The gbo has player pack only entry for I think $100.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 317
This will depend on the tournament. Usually players packs are only made in limited quantities (often to encourage pre-registration). Sometimes they are turned over at cost, so there wouldn't be much incentive to sell one to a non-player.

I believe for the GBO, they actually offered the player's pack for non players, but it was $100, whereas signing up for the tournament in an Am division only cost $80.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 317
You really couldn't order the Am Worlds players pack because the pieces of it collectively came from several different entities, although with a little headwork, you could probably buy those pieces off eBay/facebook/marketplace etc. I know several Am Worlds participants have been selling their Ranger bags, and have effectively recouped their entry fee in doing so.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarpfish View Post
You really couldn't order the Am Worlds players pack because the pieces of it collectively came from several different entities, although with a little headwork, you could probably buy those pieces off eBay/facebook/marketplace etc. I know several Am Worlds participants have been selling their Ranger bags, and have effectively recouped their entry fee in doing so.
That's true I don't know if you would have got the voucher from Discraft since it was for the flymart but they were still selling a players pack only option on the tourney registration page for $200 like they do for the GBO. I have seen from people on Facebook that at least some people buy the pack if they can't make it.