Old 08-20-2013, 03:34 PM

Courses Played: 19
Smile Where is Larry Pearce?

I was at the Seneca Creek disc golf course last thursday. One of my discs ricocheted off a tree at Hole 3 and I spent a good 1/2 hour looking for it when I came across a lost disc. The disc had a PDGA # and some initials on it. It was already dusk and it was time to leave. There was nobody around to ask if they lost a disc so I bagged the disc with the intention of finding it's owner. When I got home I Googled the PDGA #. It was #25410 belonging to Larry Pearce. On the PDGA website it says that the player's PDGA membership is not current. Upon further searches I could not find anything current on Larry Pearce on Google, FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. So this is where I thought this forum with it's plethora of DG resources might help me find Larry Pearce.

I will be happy to return this disc to it's rightful owner if someone could find a contact number or email for LP. Maybe he is a member of this site and someone knows his handle? The disc does have a rare stamp on it so if the real Larry Pearce is found and he can describe what disc he lost (color, disc brand/name, weight, stamp, and initials) then I know it is him and will return it.

Help a fellow disc golfer out!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhockey21 View Post
When I got home I Googled the PDGA #. It was #25410 belonging to Larry Pearce. On the PDGA website it says that the player's PDGA membership is not current. Upon further searches I could not find anything current on Larry Pearce on Google, FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc. So this is where I thought this forum with it's plethora of DG resources might help me find Larry Pearce.
Just my suggestion, but if I were looking for a person in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, I'd go to the Santa Rosa, New Mexico resources first and work my way out, than start with the entire world and work inward.

You found the disc off the internet. Perhaps looking for its owner off the internet would be the solution. Sadly, too many tech addicts can't seem to figure there's a whole lot of people out there that don't share their internet hobby.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
Try the white pages instead of facebook. I once returned someone's home wireless phone by looking up the name on the on the phone on the white pages. If they're unlisted, I guess they're SOL. Personally, if they've marked their PDGA # instead of actual contact info, I'd wager they're just looking to satisfy the marking requirements for tournament play, rather than looking to have their plastic returned.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungedude42 View Post
Personally, if they've marked their PDGA # instead of actual contact info, I'd wager they're just looking to satisfy the marking requirements for tournament play, rather than looking to have their plastic returned.
While Larry might not 'expect' his plastic to be returned, I imagine he would appreciate it....
Old 08-21-2013, 11:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
Never mind
Old 08-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 242
Send a message via Yahoo to Ziggy
Larry Pearce is a deaf disc golfer who hails from one of the suburbs between baltimore and dc. I'll text him the link to this page.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:12 PM
The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 213
Md-discgolf.

I would be willing to bet you will find him at the Druid Hill Open
Old 08-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by who-dat View Post
While Larry might not 'expect' his plastic to be returned, I imagine he would appreciate it....
I'm sure he would. And I advocate going the extra mile to return it. But it borders on becoming a hassle having to cross-reference online listings to track someone down. If people are concerned about protecting their identity, you can easily make a throw-away gmail account, and ink your discs with that, you know? I think it's awesome the effort to return the plastic is being put forth here.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 53
LOL, so much for the taking out a personal add in the Santa Rosa Gazette.

Reminds me, I need to go add pointless internet scorn to the pet peeves thread.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro71 View Post
LOL, so much for the taking out a personal add in the Santa Rosa Gazette.

Reminds me, I need to go add pointless internet scorn to the pet peeves thread.
I might have to add pointless retorts to dry witted but otherwise good advise on not making the haystack you're trying to find a needle in any bigger than it needs to be. A found disc is a localized matter, and not all of that unique of one. A local resource where the owner likely lives, either online or offline, is likely to yield you better results in finding said person, or someone who knows them.

I might point out without my "pointless internet scorn" which was the second post in this thread, and came more than 17 hours after the OP started a thread with a vague title with no location, this discussion might be down on page 3 by now, all but forgotten.