#611  
Old 08-22-2013, 12:59 AM
pookie's Avatar
pookie pookie is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nampa, ID
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendryxdisc View Post
So consensus says stick with heavy opto for both? and not tournament?
tp giants are amazing especially as they start beat in go for tp 170 and below. Then partner that with a sword and you will have both covered.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:00 AM
hendryxdisc's Avatar
hendryxdisc hendryxdisc is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento Ca/ La Grande Or
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 319
Alright thanks I will look into them!
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 08-22-2013, 01:02 AM
Tp91352 Tp91352 is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pickerington,Ohio
Courses Played: 14
Posts: 17
Tp giants are the best! I skip aced with mine today!
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 09-18-2013, 03:49 AM
hendryxdisc's Avatar
hendryxdisc hendryxdisc is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento Ca/ La Grande Or
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 319
So the more I am playing with my small bag filled with westside and Lat64 discs (giant,sword,saint,xxx,fuse,pain) I am noticing an overlap between heavy VIP swords and lighter TP giants. My question to the westsiders is Do you throw both molds? Do you cycle TP giants? Would a beat tp giant, fresh tp giant and vip giant cover all my lines, or is there something a sword can do that the giant cant?
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old 09-18-2013, 04:33 AM
kirkmanbrandon's Avatar
kirkmanbrandon kirkmanbrandon is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 217
So I've had my boatman for about a month and a half and love it. I definitely will have to start trying out some more Westside discs but I want a slower speed disc that can help improve my backhand form and that I can still use for some good forehand drives. Right now I am possibly looking at a Stag or a Warship, any opinions?
Reply With Quote
  #616  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:21 AM
laramiecarlson's Avatar
laramiecarlson laramiecarlson is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Doooloooooooth
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmanbrandon View Post
So I've had my boatman for about a month and a half and love it. I definitely will have to start trying out some more Westside discs but I want a slower speed disc that can help improve my backhand form and that I can still use for some good forehand drives. Right now I am possibly looking at a Stag or a Warship, any opinions?
I don't have any experience with the boatman, but with my 172 VIP stag I got about a month ago I have been crushing backhand flex drives off of a flat release and hyzerflips with it. I have about 350 feet of power (RHBH) with lightweight rivers and put my stag out that far last week. It might be a little too squirrely for forehands, but that's just going off of what my forehanding buddys around here throw.
Reply With Quote
  #617  
Old 09-18-2013, 09:57 AM
pookie's Avatar
pookie pookie is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Nampa, ID
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendryxdisc View Post
So the more I am playing with my small bag filled with westside and Lat64 discs (giant,sword,saint,xxx,fuse,pain) I am noticing an overlap between heavy VIP swords and lighter TP giants. My question to the westsiders is Do you throw both molds? Do you cycle TP giants? Would a beat tp giant, fresh tp giant and vip giant cover all my lines, or is there something a sword can do that the giant cant?
Yes, cycling tp giants is amazing i had unfortunate luck recently and lost two and had one stolen need to start all over. Once they start to gain more turn you can start to make some nice lines.
Reply With Quote
  #618  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:13 AM
apparition's Avatar
apparition apparition is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Mitten
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 1,101
I recently compared VIP Boatmen and VIP Giants. I didn't realize that the Boatman was so freakin overstable.
Reply With Quote
 

  #619  
Old 09-18-2013, 11:13 PM
kirkmanbrandon's Avatar
kirkmanbrandon kirkmanbrandon is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 14
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by laramiecarlson View Post
I don't have any experience with the boatman, but with my 172 VIP stag I got about a month ago I have been crushing backhand flex drives off of a flat release and hyzerflips with it. I have about 350 feet of power (RHBH) with lightweight rivers and put my stag out that far last week. It might be a little too squirrely for forehands, but that's just going off of what my forehanding buddys around here throw.
Thanks man, this helps a bit. I am just curious now how others feel about the Tursa as being used for both backhand to improve form and how well it handles forehand drives.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.