Old 08-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
They also rate them at least a speed faster for drivers when compared to the Innova scale.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2013, 02:02 PM
* Innova: Choice of Champions *

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by zj1002 View Post
They also rate them at least a speed faster for drivers when compared to the Innova scale.
Saint, Fury, and Striker are all 1.9cm, Firebird, FL, Sidewinder, Valkyrie, Viking are all 1.9cm.

All listed as speed 9 by their manufacturer?

Even at higher speeds, Krait and Archon are listed by Innova as speed 11, with 2.3cm wings. Flow and Riot are speed 11 with 2.2cm wing.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by McFer View Post
Saint, Fury, and Striker are all 1.9cm, Firebird, FL, Sidewinder, Valkyrie, Viking are all 1.9cm.

All listed as speed 9 by their manufacturer?

Even at higher speeds, Krait and Archon are listed by Innova as speed 11, with 2.3cm wings. Flow and Riot are speed 11 with 2.2cm wing.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
My Opto Saint is actually pretty overstable but the fade doesn't kick in for a while. I throw it flat with maybe a tiny bit of hyzer but mostly straight and it'll got out about 275 feet and then turn left and go another 150 feet or so. I use it on hole #17 at Reedy Creed and park it consistently.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.6
Wait a minute someone side like a Sidewinder?

I can't really say much as I've only had about 10 throws with an Opto and a Gold Line,but as they stand now they will never be like a Sidewinder. More like a TL once worn in.

I'll have to also disagree about the wind part. There is this one hole at Warriors that is kind of funky. It's straight and it's 400ft,but there is a kicker.the Right side of this holes angles to the right so If you throw it wrong the disc will travel down that right side and it won't be good.

The wind was howling. I say maybe 10mph the other day. Since the rim of this disc looks like it could handle wind I decided to throw it. The wind was a crosswind,coming at me like a headwind but not directly. I step up and throw the disc on this 400ft hole. It sails beautifully through the air. You could tell the wind was having an effect on it,but it did not once try to turn over. I threw both the Opto and the Gold Line and they fought that wind like a champ.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.4
Courses Played: 420
I threw a 171 GL Saint for the first time today, with winds around 10-25 MPH. It handled the headwind pretty well, a wee bit of turn but it fought out of it very quickly. In the tailwind, it flew nicely and didn't have a huge fade.

For anyone who cares, I would compare the Saint to a TL/Trak type of disc. Kinda like a flippy teebird. Tons of glide, of course.

I max out around 300', and throw Leopards/Teebirds/Traks, so I thought that the Saint would be a little fast for me. But it really wasn't, flew very nicely. Could see it fitting perfectly between a beefy Teebird and a flippy Leopard. Will have to put it head to head against the Trak.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
my question is, is there ANY reason for me to get a saint if I can already get my star sidewinder out to about 325ft in a dead straight line?

Sidewinder is touchy in the wind, but not excessively for me. How do these two discs compare in the wind? Which is better/worse?
The Saint might appeal to you in terms of getting more effortless distance thanks to the glide advantage. Once broken in, the Saint might actually be easier to flip than a SW. The Saint kind of reminds me of a fresh Valk more than a SW though.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherDave View Post
The Saint might appeal to you in terms of getting more effortless distance thanks to the glide advantage. Once broken in, the Saint might actually be easier to flip than a SW. The Saint kind of reminds me of a fresh Valk more than a SW though.
its a tad more overstable than a valk
Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon.trenton View Post
its a tad more overstable than a valk
My Opto decidedly broke in from Viking like to Valk-like. The Saint probably does retain a bit more LSS than a fresh Valk but it's not much.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.6
Possible Overlap with a PD?

They other day I was throwing my Saints and PD's side by side. The Saints and PD's were both going around 380ft and traveling similar lines,similar fade.

My Gold Line is starting to break in just a wee bit and it is starting to feel like it is going to overlap with my P-PD which is Straight with a little bit of fade. Almost like a Faster TL.

My Opto is still beefy even though I have hit 4 trees with the thing. I feel it is overlapping with my S-PD and unless I throw my C-PD Flat it is overlapping the C-PD.

I know I just recently put my PD's back in the bag,but man is it possible the Saint's are gonna kick them out?

At the moment I feel that I don't need the PD's in the bag anymore. The Saint goes further and flies better at the moment.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy to think this is possible?