Old 08-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFirebird View Post
They other day I was throwing my Saints and PD's side by side. The Saints and PD's were both going around 380ft and traveling similar lines,similar fade.

My Gold Line is starting to break in just a wee bit and it is starting to feel like it is going to overlap with my P-PD which is Straight with a little bit of fade. Almost like a Faster TL.

My Opto is still beefy even though I have hit 4 trees with the thing. I feel it is overlapping with my S-PD and unless I throw my C-PD Flat it is overlapping the C-PD.

I know I just recently put my PD's back in the bag,but man is it possible the Saint's are gonna kick them out?

At the moment I feel that I don't need the PD's in the bag anymore. The Saint goes further and flies better at the moment.

What do you guys think? Am I crazy to think this is possible?
Only thing you may need to consider is wind. I havent thrown peedees, but from what I hear they hold up better than a saint. My saints are my favorite drivers, but anything over 10mph head/crosswind, im considering throwing a different disc or shot.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 08:08 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 10
Throwing Style: RHBH
I would imagine the pds would be better for the wind. ^beat me to it.

I do really like my Saint so far. I think the seasoned TL comparison is closest, which is what I'm trying to replace. At my paltry 325-345' it is not very flippy.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
I am carrying an S-PD and a Saint. S-PD is definitely better in a headwind. IMHO they compliment each other very well in a bag.

I could imagine though that a particularly beefy Saint and a well-seasoned S-PD might get a bit closer
Old 08-23-2013, 11:45 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Only thing you may need to consider is wind. I havent thrown peedees, but from what I hear they hold up better than a saint. My saints are my favorite drivers, but anything over 10mph head/crosswind, im considering throwing a different disc or shot.
We had some pretty good winds the other day and the Opto Saint held it's own pretty good in the wind. The Gold Line did great as well,but it shown a little turn before fading out.

At the moment I'm gonna take the PD's out of the bag,just to see if I miss them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskew113 View Post
I would imagine the pds would be better for the wind. ^beat me to it.

I do really like my Saint so far. I think the seasoned TL comparison is closest, which is what I'm trying to replace. At my paltry 325-345' it is not very flippy.
The Gold Line Saint does feel like it will be like a faster TL when seasoned. It's going to be a great disc for sure once beaten in a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake78 View Post
I am carrying an S-PD and a Saint. S-PD is definitely better in a headwind. IMHO they compliment each other very well in a bag.

I could imagine though that a particularly beefy Saint and a well-seasoned S-PD might get a bit closer
The Saint I have in Opto is pretty dang beefy and I've been putting some mustard on my Opto and it will not turn over. My furthest shot with the Opto is around 395ft,which surprised the heck out of me considering it's a 9 speed disc.

All 3 of my PD's are pretty seasoned. They are at the point where the flights will not change on these discs,unless I run them over with a car or something. lol. As I mentioned earlier I will take the PD's out just for a bit to see if I miss them or not.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Quote:
The Saint I have in Opto is pretty dang beefy and I've been putting some mustard on my Opto and it will not turn over. My furthest shot with the Opto is around 395ft,which surprised the heck out of me considering it's a 9 speed disc.

All 3 of my PD's are pretty seasoned. They are at the point where the flights will not change on these discs,unless I run them over with a car or something. lol. As I mentioned earlier I will take the PD's out just for a bit to see if I miss them or not.
What is the weight on your Opto Saint?

I have pretty much the coolest Sparkle Opto Saint in existence (it's sparkly and clear, looks like a millenium, it's got a 2x Gold Line Stamp, got it in a misprint box) and even being an opto saint, it still turns a bit, but it IS only 168g.

If your Saint is on the heavy end, that may be it.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discblaster View Post
What is the weight on your Opto Saint?

I have pretty much the coolest Sparkle Opto Saint in existence (it's sparkly and clear, looks like a millenium, it's got a 2x Gold Line Stamp, got it in a misprint box) and even being an opto saint, it still turns a bit, but it IS only 168g.

If your Saint is on the heavy end, that may be it.
My Opto Saint is a 168. My Gold Line is a 168.

Shoot all of my drivers/mids are a 168.

I've always felt that is the sweetspot for drivers/mids.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:06 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Cool

Quote:
My Opto Saint is a 168. My Gold Line is a 168.

Shoot all of my drivers/mids are a 168.

I've always felt that is the sweetspot for drivers/mids.
Well that basically condemns the weight theory.

i'm willing to chalk it up to you just being a master of the Saint. Enjoy your new moniker friend-o!
Old 08-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discblaster View Post
Well that basically condemns the weight theory.

i'm willing to chalk it up to you just being a master of the Saint. Enjoy your new moniker friend-o!
lol.

Thanks man. The Saint is one of my favorites
Old 08-24-2013, 01:20 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
We had some pretty good winds the other day and the Opto Saint held it's own pretty good in the wind. The Gold Line did great as well,but it shown a little turn before fading out.

At the moment I'm gonna take the PD's out of the bag,just to see if I miss them.

The Gold Line Saint does feel like it will be like a faster TL when seasoned. It's going to be a great disc for sure once beaten in a little.

You have a saint that you throw 400' and it doesnt have any turn? I want one like that! I have a max weight opto saint that has a -1 turn (with no wind) when thrown out to 375'. And every GL ive had has about a -2 turn when pushed out that far.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
You have a saint that you throw 400' and it doesnt have any turn? I want one like that! I have a max weight opto saint that has a -1 turn (with no wind) when thrown out to 375'. And every GL ive had has about a -2 turn when pushed out that far.
The Opto I have is just straight forever and then it fades at the end. I can really crank on this disc hard and not have any worries of it turning over.

The Gold Line has just a slight turn and I can get it to about 385ft. Probably going to use this one in the woods. The Gold Line seems like it will be more workable and the Opto is for more power drives.

They are both 168 grams.