Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM

Courses Played: 1
Thanks for the compliment i guess. If only my putting could get a little better haha.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.2
Courses Played: 174
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcuin View Post
I haven't done it myself, but I've seen these Destroyers once they've been seasoned. It takes more time and heavier use, but they do seem to season in and fly like you'd expect a Destroyer would.
I just know the current runs are even more overstable than the beefcake pop top 160s from a few years ago. I have one from that run in my bag that is about 2 years old and it's just NOW starting to become a straight flier. I think another year before it becomes more of a distance turnover boomer. These new ones are even more overstable when new, so it will probably take many many years to beat them in.

Unless you play on rocks.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:25 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 17.2
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: LHBH
I have two Pro Destroyers that I purchased in late 2011. They were flat out of the box and held an anhyzer line the whole time. They haven't gotten very flippy yet, but I don't really throw them often where I'm going to possibly hit a tree.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:56 AM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
I just know the current runs are even more overstable than the beefcake pop top 160s from a few years ago. I have one from that run in my bag that is about 2 years old and it's just NOW starting to become a straight flier. I think another year before it becomes more of a distance turnover boomer. These new ones are even more overstable when new, so it will probably take many many years to beat them in.

Unless you play on rocks.
Yeah it takes me a long time to season my discs too, but I think that's because I carry more discs than the guy whose Destroyer I'm talking about. He uses fewer discs and molds than a lot of people, so he's working that Destroyer more. Plus some spike hyzers into the winter ice (we play all year round) is probably close to throwing the discs into a parking lot. It does the trick.

The disc now has that touch of understability in the high speed portion of the flight and the generous fade to match that makes the Destroyer one of the classic molds in my opinion. But it took a bit of a beating to get the newer run there it seems.