Old 08-30-2013, 03:51 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Go ahead and critique

So, one year and few months in to the game(or less,since we have 6 months of snow here) and I'd like to have some critique on my form. These are around 70-80% power control shots going 350'-400'. I know I have a few problems, but can someone specify them. Thank you.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Well third shot was off balance, that I can tell for sure. I'll try to add a better vid with some FH drives aswell.

Last edited by Prodigium; 08-30-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 50
Follow through a little more. You're looking like you're purposely stopping yourself. Let gravity and your body spin out and naturally stop yourself. (Which I don't know if that's an okay thing or a bad thing.)

Form looks pretty good. Nice flat release with good arm speed and footwork. I would work on the weight shift a little more and incorporate your hips a tad more.

http://vimeo.com/64171158

and

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Par Member

Thanks! I kinda realized that I don't get that much power from my weightshift/legs. My follow through has gotten better, but good to know that there's still a lot to do. I'll add a couple of drives in few hours.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:04 PM
Par Member

Here's few from a different angle. PDs around 400', I seem to go lower when adding power(?). Random local kids adding pressure.

Last edited by Prodigium; 08-30-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.7
Courses Played: 87
Yeah, slow down, stay in balance, more centered. You lift your rear toes so high off the ground and push off the rear heel which doesn't engage the hips properly. Stay off the rear heel! You also fire the hips before your spine/weight transfers to the front leg.

This is good video for comparison. Watch them turning backwards later, and the disc moves forward later.

These will also help:

Old 08-31-2013, 01:17 AM
Par Member

Thank you, I'll be working on these. See you in few weeks