Old 09-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
For my drives and mids I use the first 4-5 holes at my home course because it's usually deserted and it's wide open and makes for great safari and I like to be able to aim for a basket. I have 2 portable baskets that I use in my backyard for putts going from somewhere around one to the other to minimize walking. I also have a homemade (mach III) basket in my basement that I use at night to practice putts when the urge hits. I like to play around the world (having to make 3 in a row to advance to next spot and missing 2 in a row sends me back to previous spot) on my basement basket to put a little more pressure on the putts. Me and buddies also play HORSE on a basket in there backyard which keeps the pressure on the putts.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Birdie Member

My son and I do a lot field work at a local park about 6 blocks from my house. We bring a basket and just work on every aspect of the game. It really helps and it is just stupid fun to place your basket anywhere you want and make up crazy mandos, designing your own holes. After a year of playing, I can't think of one thing that has helped more than field work. Dubs are fun, playing for tags feels a bit like a tournament round, and casual rounds are a real good time with family and friends......but nothing feels better than a pressure situation in a tourney round and you step up and just KNOW you can make this shot because of the hundreds, or maybe thousands of times you have thrown it during field work.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 164
Nobody's said it yet: I practice at the most accessible course I can find. I really am a stat addict, so I play disc golf at a course, rather than simply throwing in a field (even though I live adjacent to the local high school fields, and did that some early on). Sure, once you've played a couple of hundred rounds at your home course, it's a little dull, but so is field work. Creative safari golf at the less used courses is fun, too...and I can score that.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:22 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyboy View Post
Out my front door into my horse pasture.
My field's planted in beans.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.7
Courses Played: 189
my disc golf practice typically is done on the couch with two Xbox accounts playing splitscreen Borderlands 2. I think that everyone only gets so many birdies in life and I want to get them when it counts.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:44 PM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Just checking in to make sure this vid was posted. My job is done here.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishysell View Post
my disc golf practice typically is done on the couch with two Xbox accounts playing splitscreen Borderlands 2. I think that everyone only gets so many birdies in life and I want to get them when it counts.
That's why I play everything par 1.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:25 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 28
Where I practice is determined by what part of my game has dropped off and what tournaments might come up(the 5 a year I play).

Most putting practice happens at home in 10 minute intervals whenever I get bored with other stuff. Its also a nice way to start or end the day. Just get a zone and relax

All forehand practice happens on the course. It was my weakest shot for a while so I made an effort to learn how to shape lines on the course rather than in an open field. I can do anything I want with it up to 350-375 which happens to be about as far as anyone needs a forehand on a course.

Backhand practice happens all over the Disc Nation distribution center and driving range

My tournament practice usually consists of me focusing on shots I need for the event and throwing them in a field, on the tourney course, or on a similar course. Playing all week on a wide open course for a technical tournament usually isn't a good idea.

Last edited by zj1002; 09-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:05 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 58
During the week, I use a sports complex near my house. They have about 5 soccer fields and a rugby field - all but 2 of the soccer fields have that shredded rubber/artificial all weather turf and the rugby field is never in use. I'll use the circles at either end zone (?) for practice on accuracy at various distances and also just sheer distance practice (1 end zone line through the opposite goal posts.

Putting practice happens in the back yard, whenever I can find the time.

Course management, discs selection, etc practice happens on the course(s) on the weekend. I rarely play 18 holes on a weekday.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
rugby field. It is the only place in my town where we have baskets. ( only for putting practice, no course ). So I only practice shotmaking and driving and putting.