#651  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Discblaster's Avatar
Discblaster Discblaster is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Southern California
Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 10
Posts: 290
So I finally found an S-Line FD that works GREAT for me. Not quite the ridiculous dome of the f2 one I got at dtworld, but definitely not nearly as flat as my C-Line.

It turns ever so slightly if I really put some power behind it, and then goes straight for a really long time, then fades very slightly. Truly a -1,1 whereas my C-Line might be 0,1.

The only thing I hate about my new s-line is it's clearly a + mold. But i'm having such great results, I might be able to live with that slanted rim.
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #652  
Old 09-09-2013, 07:56 PM
goaliedavid goaliedavid is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Overland Park, KS
Years Playing: 2.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 43
alright, I'm really tempted to try one of these.. Which one would you guys recommend, I throw rivals and patriots now. I kind of want to try a flat C-Line, but where could I pick one of those up? Or would you guys recommend something different? and what's the difference in the flight of the flat and the domey C-Lines? (sorry, I'm too lazy to read through the 66 pages to find out = /)
Reply With Quote
  #653  
Old 09-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Um...'s Avatar
Um... Um... is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: encinitas
Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 12
Posts: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedavid View Post
alright, I'm really tempted to try one of these.. Which one would you guys recommend, I throw rivals and patriots now. I kind of want to try a flat C-Line, but where could I pick one of those up? Or would you guys recommend something different? and what's the difference in the flight of the flat and the domey C-Lines? (sorry, I'm too lazy to read through the 66 pages to find out = /)
I'd try to find a flat C-Line for a stable compliment (Rival) to the S-Line (Patriot). Between these 2 discs, you'll have almost every fairway line covered that you could need, save for really OS or US lines. Just don't expect these 2 discs to fly the same and you'll be very happy with both. The C-FD flies like 0/1 and the S-FD flies like -1/1. Both are very workable on lots of different lines and both will be longer than the Legacy discs you're throwing now.

BTW, I've extensively tested Patriots, Rivers, JLS, Leopards, TLs, and XLs and the FD is the only one that's stayed in the bag. Awesome disc.
Reply With Quote
  #654  
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 PM
goaliedavid goaliedavid is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Overland Park, KS
Years Playing: 2.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 43
Where would you suggest getting some flat C-line FDs? I am in Manhattan, KS, there are no good disc golf stores, so I'm pretty much limited to online. I am from KC where there are some amazing disc golf stores, but I don't see myself heading home anytime soon.

And with the S-lines, would you recommend either more dome? or less dome? or is that more personal preference?
Reply With Quote
  #655  
Old 09-09-2013, 10:50 PM
Daisuke's Avatar
Daisuke Daisuke is offline
Bogey Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Courses Played: 30
Posts: 89
Flat C-line is not that rare. I usually try to give a call to online stores of choice and ask if they have stiff, flat, C-line. I've got my backup that way from DGW not so long ago.


Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedavid View Post
Where would you suggest getting some flat C-line FDs? I am in Manhattan, KS, there are no good disc golf stores, so I'm pretty much limited to online. I am from KC where there are some amazing disc golf stores, but I don't see myself heading home anytime soon.

And with the S-lines, would you recommend either more dome? or less dome? or is that more personal preference?
Reply With Quote
  #656  
Old 09-09-2013, 10:54 PM
goaliedavid goaliedavid is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Overland Park, KS
Years Playing: 2.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 43
Awesome, I knew they were made by Innova, so you never know how hard it is to find a disc that's flat
Reply With Quote
  #657  
Old 09-09-2013, 11:17 PM
rallyguy's Avatar
rallyguy rallyguy is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SoCal
Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 11
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 454
The flat ones pop up in the MP also, I've found a couple that way. As far as dome goes, how different do you want it to be from your C line? A flat C won't turn, so base your choice off of that. I've have a few S lines and they are all pretty similar in flight regardless of small dome differences.

I've never seen a really flat S line though, that would be fun to throw.
Reply With Quote
  #658  
Old 09-10-2013, 01:46 AM
Moonshine Moonshine is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.smOOOth View Post
Was this at La Loma? What holes would you use the Jackal on?
It was at Micke Grove. At La Loma I'd probably throw it on Hole #3 in the front with the current set-up. Not sure about the back. I'll probably be going back to my Teebirds because they feel better in the hand, but an FD would work well on any hole that you typically throw a fairway driver on Sweet disc!
Reply With Quote
  #659  
Old 09-10-2013, 09:33 AM
mr.smOOOth's Avatar
mr.smOOOth mr.smOOOth is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Westland, MI
Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 43
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
It was at Micke Grove. At La Loma I'd probably throw it on Hole #3 in the front with the current set-up. Not sure about the back. I'll probably be going back to my Teebirds because they feel better in the hand, but an FD would work well on any hole that you typically throw a fairway driver on Sweet disc!
Cool. Micke was installed after I moved so I haven't played it yet. I don't really have a 'fairway' driver right now. I want something straight to fit in between a Buzzz and Avenger. Like for holes 3 and 10 on the back. Straight without the fade that would make it skip it across the path.
I just started throwing a glow Teebird (Windjammer stamped!), but it is pretty LSS so far. I'll probably check one out. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
 

  #660  
Old 09-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Moonshine Moonshine is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Modesto, CA
Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 568
I wouldn't call a C-FD straight. Mine is just as LSS as a Teebird. I've never thrown an S-FD, but that might work better for you. A TL, or a Champ/Star Leo would be my suggestion for straight out of the box.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.