Old 09-10-2013, 02:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc qualified View Post
You found the disc and you tried to return the disc. Do what you gotta do.

People act like plastic discs are somehow sacred objects that exist in a different continuum of space time than other objects. Folks have been finding artifacts for as long as people have been leaving artifacts and making profits off the found items. You think every arrowhead collector donates the found Indian artifacts to a local tribe or museum? Not a chance. It's easy to act altruistic and holier than thou when posting on a message board and telling other people what to do.

Blah blah blah poppycock!
Wow, what a connection made here. Let me throw this out, if a buried DX Disc was found 1000 years from now, do we go back into the records and find the descendant of the phone number on the disc? That would be a good comparison. Watch the movie Pulp Fiction, I am thinking this thread is quickly turning into a discussion they had in the movie about ball parks, leagues, and sports.

Nothing is going to be solved here because we all have varying definitions of what ownership is and how it is transferred, especially since we are only talking about a 5-20 dollar piece of plastic. Ultimately you need to do what you feel is right by you and the (previous) owner of the disc.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:53 PM

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
That last disc I found had a name and number on it, but no one from the number ever attempted to call me back. A couple weeks later out on the same course I bumped into a couple guys looking for a disc they had lost the week before. I asked what it was and it happened to be the same mold, just a different color. It wasn't theirs, but I offered them the disc anyway since I wouldn't throw it.

As long as you make an attempt to get it back to them I see no reason not to do what you want with it if they put no effort in to get it back. Give them 2-3 weeks just in case they have something important going on, but if they can't take 5 minutes to call you back then they clearly don't care enough about it to matter. /shrug
Old 09-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 23.1
Courses Played: 33
Really at some point you have to draw the line. I think you did enough. Returning a disc shouldnt have to be something that troubles you that much. You tried, he never responded back. It's up to the owner to get the disc back from you if he really wanted it.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieMachine View Post
Really at some point you have to draw the line. I think you did enough. Returning a disc shouldnt have to be something that troubles you that much. You tried, he never responded back. It's up to the owner to get the disc back from you if he really wanted it.
I agree with you on this. I get alot of discs from people at the park (walkers, etc.) that know I play. (I work for the local parks and rec dept).
I'll post them on the local sites, call the #'s, leave at front office for them to pick up at their convenience, etc.
Those discs eventually end up collecting dust, and after 90 days, I give them to kids.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:10 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 10
I attempt contact. If made I try to arrange meeting. Fortunately a local store hosts lost&found, so I can dump them there and inform owner where it's at. Most non-ink or disconnected numbers discs go to less fortunate and newbies
Old 09-21-2013, 08:49 PM
Par Member

65+ Discs that were refused to be picked up were Donated to a person in Fredricksburg VA that is hosting a Disabled Veterans Game.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Par Member

How my returns look like in my car every month, average 1400 discs a year. Both lower boxes and the loose discs above the cardboard box are returns "this pic was from last month".

Old 09-21-2013, 08:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 12
Nice find on the Listerine. The owner will be happy to get that back.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic cannon View Post
Nice find on the Listerine. The owner will be happy to get that back.
Figured someone would ask about why the golden retriever looks weird not about the Listerine lol. Listerine is there to sooth any bites from chiggers I come across while digging out someones hope and dreams.

Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 11
I'll bite...why does the golden retriever look weird?