Disc Golf Center
Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHBH
Putting League Input Appreciated

Hey Y'all.
I've heard of some sweet putting leagues around certain parts. I'm getting ready to do one in my area and am looking for some input. What are some different games to play? Formats? What's worked? What hasn't? Etc.
Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Par Member

I just took down Nashville's putting league. We partnered with a local Bar/Club and did it inside! Being a club style bar we had plenty of room to take over, and they opened up on thursday nights just for us. (They were only a fri/sat/sun bar) We had 4 baskets at different distances and heights. Each basket had a point total 25, 50, 75, 100. Men had a single point and double point lines to choose to putt from. We gave ladies a shorter line so they had a single, double, and triple point line. You were given 5 putts and you tried to reach the highest point total. If you ever made all 5 putts on the same basket or going around the world you received bonus points. We set it up with 8 baskets where two players could compete simultaneously, so two set ups of 4 baskets each. This allowed us to get more attempts in. It ran from 630-1030 and you could show up any time to get a score counted. It was an 8 week season taking your 5 best scores. We found sponsors and the bar provided a $10 & $20 tab to the winners weekly. We charged $10 a head and that all went back into the league. The first go around we had over 60 participate, gave away a Discatcher Pro to 1st, Bullseye to 2nd (I won dat shiz) and 30 discs to the top 15.

We are also looking for other formats to keep it interesting?!?!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Par Member

Anyone else?
Old 09-12-2013, 12:15 PM

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 12
I am from the Nashville area and would be interested in participating in something like this.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 39
Mad Hatter Disc Golf in MKE has one that seems cool. I haven't been but they have a video on their website.

http://madhatterdiscgolf.com/
Old 09-13-2013, 06:08 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.1
Courses Played: 24
I thought about doing this last winter,
But started up some glow instead
Was wondering about this winter
but I have been being asked about glow again
so that's what I am doing again
But I am always interested in these
Because indoors sounds dry and warm
Old 09-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 85
Yup, Pistol Pete's Shootout was run my MadHatter Disc Golf in Milwaukee. I went almost every week and it was a blast. We had maybe 50 people show at max for a night and it was run at a local VFW. Plenty of room to play and drinks.

2 Division - Pro and AM. Pro for cash Am for funny money.

10 Baskets were set up in the VFW all with point values from 1 to 10 and sometimes there was a bastet behind a big point basket that was negitive, just to give it more risk.

It was set up in a way that the low point baskets were close with little to nothing in the way to stop you from making the putt. And the basket woth more points had obsticles in the way or they were different heights. It was like an obsticle course for putting and was wicked fun.

There were 3 different lengths to putt from that were single double and triple points. There was also a closer zone for women and children. And a small zone for double points for turbo/kneeling putts.

The obsticles were tables, chairs and bamboo for the most part. with anything that didnt touch the ground being negitive points. We also started putting out trash cans and rubber maid containers that if you landed in them you lost a putt.

So after all this set up and stuff it was run that you get 4 putts at the course to get as many points as you can and there was 3 rounds in each match. It really was the most enjoyable way to spend to cold winters in Wisconsin.

And a suggestion box is key. If you want more info I would be happy to give you more.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
DUDE that sounds awesome I want to do this....like....NOW. really, sweet.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:22 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoe View Post
I am from the Nashville area and would be interested in participating in something like this.

We will be doing it again in the Winter in a couple of months. Its at Silverado Bar in Rivergate. Cloud 9 will be running it.You can find info on the Music City Facebook group in a a couple of months.