Old 09-17-2013, 09:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 78
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarFirebird View Post
To the above poster the Star Tern is sweet. It is a great Hyzerflip Disc or if you throw it flat watch it bomb into a anhyzer.

The Starlite Tern has me wanting one now.
Excellent. I've been looking for a disc to fill that spot in my bag and am hoping that the Star Tern will do it.

My birthday's coming up at the end of the month and I think I know a couple things that are going on the short list right now!

I just counted my discs with my daughter this past weekend as I was sorting them, checking on my backups, etc. The count is at 108. My daughter says that I need 3 more for a cool number... 111. I think that I'll have to take her up on the suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
Excellent. I've been looking for a disc to fill that spot in my bag and am hoping that the Star Tern will do it.

My birthday's coming up at the end of the month and I think I know a couple things that are going on the short list right now!

I just counted my discs with my daughter this past weekend as I was sorting them, checking on my backups, etc. The count is at 108. My daughter says that I need 3 more for a cool number... 111. I think that I'll have to take her up on the suggestion.
Now for me the Star Tern seems to have more glide and lift. So you have to throw it a bit lower. Well with my form I have to throw it lower.

That's pretty awesome that she said the number needed to be 111. The things kids say
Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 42
The KC Tern started pretty neutral stable for me but after many, many impacts the last two months it has really hit a sweet spot. Thrown flat it makes an awesome s-turn with decent fade. Hyzer flip and its a frozen rope for a good disrance before starting a turn. And it holds annys the whole way...no fade.

The Star Tern is flippy in a fantastic way. I cant throw it flat or with anny unless I want a juicy roller, but playing with hyzer angles has got me some amazing shota. And the Star Terns definetly have more glide than the Champ version.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
Now in Starlite!
So are these available anywhere yet? I was checking out DiscGolfCenter and there are none there yet. I even looked at the Innova site and didn't see them on their list of Terns available. Thanks!
Old 09-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Chaw Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
So are these available anywhere yet? I was checking out DiscGolfCenter and there are none there yet. I even looked at the Innova site and didn't see them on their list of Terns available. Thanks!
One of the shops in Denver, Fly Green, posted pics of their shipment of them on their Facebook but I havent found any online retailers with them yet either. FLY GREEN has an eBay store if you dont feel like waiting...Id bet they are on there.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:25 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
One of the shops in Denver, Fly Green, posted pics of their shipment of them on their Facebook but I havent found any online retailers with them yet either. FLY GREEN has an eBay store if you dont feel like waiting...Id bet they are on there.
Thanks. I'll check it out. I've had such great success with DiscGolfCenter that I'll probably wait... but you never know!

Edit... they sure do have it. http://stores.ebay.com/Fly-Green-Dis...=p4634.c0.m322

Silly me didn't put Star + Lite together. So not only is it already the -4 HSS Star version of the disc, but it can also be super-light. Now I really have to think about what I want to do.

Last edited by Jimb; 09-17-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazykrug View Post
love this disc, easily farthest thrown disc I have in the bag now, still hard to part with my Pro Wraiths but slowly kicking them out
I have been thinking about replacing my Wraiths with something faster/less stable. It has filled my max distance BH slot for many years but I am just not getting enough real distance, just a lot of control. I am just skeptical of how the Tern can handle headwinds. I'm just going to have to buy one and test it out.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by GripFuture View Post
I am just skeptical of how the Tern can handle headwinds. I'm just going to have to buy one and test it out.
Keep a new Wraith in the bag for headwinds.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:27 PM
Chaw Man

A new Tern will do okay in a headwind on hyzer, but IMO its better to have something more on the overstable side for windy days.

Old 09-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 26
didn't bag the champ tern. Its just unstable. sometimes overstable sometimes understable. You never know what you get. its damn long disc with good glide but width of landing area is just way too wide.