Old 09-23-2013, 09:27 AM

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 97
Throwing Style: RHBH
Most new courses you have played in one day?

I played 4 courses I've never played before yesterday. What's the most you have done and list the courses..

Mine were..

Rock Springs- Alton, IL
Gordon Moore- Alton, IL
Woodland- Collinsville, IL
SIU- Edwardsville- Edwardsville, IL
Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 737
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
I think the time I played (9) 9 holers remains my most played . . . they were all short and 1-2.5 rated courses in Northern IL so nothing to write home about but I did play 81 new holes that day.

My most new holes ever played in a day is 120 I believe, also in Northern IL and mostly still not a lot to write home about.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harr0140 View Post
I think the time I played (9) 9 holers remains my most played . . . they were all short and 1-2.5 rated courses in Northern IL so nothing to write home about but I did play 81 new holes that day.

My most new holes ever played in a day is 120 I believe, also in Northern IL and mostly still not a lot to write home about.
9 i still really impressive!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 193
Eight? I think...thought it was nine but I'm drawing a blank:

Maryknoll
Molex
Avery
4 Lakes
Castaldo
O'Brien
Knoch Knolls
Volunteer
Old 09-23-2013, 09:36 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney1984 View Post
9 i still really impressive!
Trust me, if you know the Chicagoland niner layout you could easily bag 12 in a day if playing solo and hustling.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 171
There's no way this title doesn't go to someone course bagging in Illinois! They should change the state's nickname to "Nine Hole Wonderland."

Most new courses I've played in a day was 4 when I visited Lemon Lake. Now that I think of it, while I have played 4 courses in a day on several ocaissions, I don't think I've ever played more than 4 courses in a day, whether new to me or previously played.

Don't think I'm likely to play more than 4 new courses in a day anytime soon (if at all). When I go on the road, I definitely "cherry pick." Given that I make a conscious choice to play the best in an area, chances are they're pretty challenging, and take some time to play (or at least to appreciate) so I'm not really able (or willing) to rush through them. Factor in drive time to/from and possibly between... I think four's about my practical limit given my self-imposed constraints.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 09-23-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 78
The most for me was three, playing down the WV panhandle: Chester City Park, Tomlinson Run, and Beatty Park. Two 1's and a 3 so nothing too exciting, but it's always fun to experience a new course.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 737
Send a message via Yahoo to harr0140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeshoe View Post
Trust me, if you know the Chicagoland niner layout you could easily bag 12 in a day if playing solo and hustling.
Agreed!

This was my first roadtrip outside of the Milwaukee area within 5 months of starting the game. . . it was the trip that festered into an undying need to play lots of courses whenever I have the chance. The day I played the 120 new holes was only a week or two after the (9) 9 holers and it was also in the same general area on the NW side of Chicago.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
There's no way this title doesn't go to a Chicago area course bagger!

Most new courses I've played in a day was 4 when I visited Lemon Lake. Now that I think of it, while I have played 4 courses in a day on several ocaissions, I don't think I've ever played more than 4 courses in a day, whether new to me or previously played.

Don't think I'm likely to play more than 4 new courses in a day anytime soon (if at all). When I go on the road, I definitely "cherry pick." Given that I'm make a conscious choice to play the best in an area, chances are they're pretty challenging, and take some time to play (or at least to appreciate) so I'm not really able (or willing) to rush through them. Factor drive time to/from and possibly between... I think four's about my practical limit given my self-imposed constraints.
I'm about in the same boat as you but would like to change that with a trip to bowling green kentucky sometime soon!

Old 09-23-2013, 09:47 AM
Team Borderland

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 75
I got three in one day when I was in SoCal a couple years ago. I can't imagine trying to do more than that.