Old 08-29-2013, 04:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Throwing Style: RHBH
How does the AMP compare to a Lat64 Fury? They sound a lot alike. My Fury Hyzerflips to a laser beam and has glide for miles. It's also very, very controllable on anny throws.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:02 AM
Eagle Member

Hey, bfowler, I just got an Amp the other day and it's the disc I've been looking for forever. It's easy straight distance and very controllable. You can really make it do whatever you want. I have about 300 feet of power so your results may very. It's the long Axis I always wanted but much easier to control. It's actually the first MVP disc I've gotten that doesn't make me use really good form. It's not as tight.

The fury for me is much more understable. If I throw a Fury flat it's going to hit a great long anny line. My red 172 Amp just goes straight for a long time. Easiest 300 feet in my bag.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
How does the AMP compare to a Lat64 Fury? They sound a lot alike. My Fury Hyzerflips to a laser beam and has glide for miles. It's also very, very controllable on anny throws.
Quote:
Hey, bfowler, I just got an Amp the other day and it's the disc I've been looking for forever. It's easy straight distance and very controllable. You can really make it do whatever you want. I have about 300 feet of power so your results may very. It's the long Axis I always wanted but much easier to control. It's actually the first MVP disc I've gotten that doesn't make me use really good form. It's not as tight.

The fury for me is much more understable. If I throw a Fury flat it's going to hit a great long anny line. My red 172 Amp just goes straight for a long time. Easiest 300 feet in my bag.

*shudder*
Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 41
What just happened?
Old 09-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Eagle Member

I asked how an Amp compared to a Fury last month. I then bought an Amp the other day, tried it out and then answered my own question.

It's the me in the present talking to me in the past. I hope I don't create some type of time paradox.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
I asked how an Amp compared to a Fury last month. I then bought an Amp the other day, tried it out and then answered my own question.

It's the me in the present talking to me in the past. I hope I don't create some type of time paradox.
Hah! Thanks for clarifying that. I totally missed the dates on those post and had indeed been time paradoxed.
Old 09-26-2013, 01:15 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.8
Courses Played: 24
I been using Amp more than any other drivers by far in my bag. Since I have 280 to 300 foot of power at 80% so Amp compliments me very well. My second most used driver is Volt.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

I've got two new amps recently and they are flying more stable than I remember them, but I also just lost a well seasoned one. I forgot how damn straight these are when hyzer flipped. I can't believe I haven't kept a fresh one in the bag with a seasoned one before. These seem pretty under-rated, with the volt being more well received. As a volt thrower I understand how volts are true workhorse drivers that can be worn into different stabilities, but with the volt and amps grip being so similar, I'm surprised more people don't throw this understable compliment. How many of you guys still throw amps?
Old 11-24-2013, 03:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 38
I dropped the Amp in favor of a Fury *gasp*
I found I had to really power up the Amp to get it to fly correctly, losing control in the process.
Still have the Volt bagged for now.

Old 11-24-2013, 04:54 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 17
Amp is a speed 9 and its not meant to be a turn and burner.. you have to put a little meat on it to get that sweeping turn over. The Amp, along with the Volt is a disc i would never take out of the bag.