Old 08-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
a midsummer night's form update

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

flame on
Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.1
Courses Played: 106
Stay off the rear heel so you can maintain an athletic balanced posture and lead with the hips and move your lower spine forward. You are throwing your shoulder over the front and planting too open. Let the throwing shoulder drop into the backswing and forward swing and finish higher.
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 AM
Par Member

The rear heel has been a constant struggle. If I'm not actively thinking about keeping it off the ground...it's on the ground. Unfortunately I can only think about one thing at a time.

I've made huge strides with the timing of my pinch, but that doesn't really translate to video. What does translate is everything else that's gone to hell while I've been concentrating on my grip. I made a net gain of probably 50 ft or so with a destroyer by adding a ton more spin, but I could tell my body was getting more out of whack, which is why I posted this.

Since I can only focus my mind on one change at a time, where would you start?
Old 08-02-2013, 11:13 AM
* Ace Member *

Try the first part of the Hershiser drill first. It should help changing your balance and stance.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Par Member

Here's an update:
Old 09-27-2013, 11:03 PM
* Ace Member *

There's no leverage from your hips or weight shift. You are starting your move forward before your weight transfers to the front leg. Your elbow is also bent after release, so there's extension missing. You need to stop your front hip and clear it back and brace your lower spine against the inside of the leg. Then throw and whip the whole arm targetward. The vids before still apply especially #2.

Get more athletic and whip(watch your head vs ZJ's head during the throw):

Clear your hips in the backswing and forwardswing:

Watch the lower spine remain back in the finish with the upper spine tilted forward and maintaining balance.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
You are starting your move forward before your weight transfers to the front leg.
Dude. You just added 60' to my throw with a teebird. I threw one over the backstop that I sometimes skip into on a good throw. Almost hit my truck. Let's hope I can still do it tomorrow.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Par Member

Bah, I lost it.