Old 09-29-2013, 08:43 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
A few holes yesterday at Seviren Lang, especially 18. Hard dogleg left then an anhyzer up a gradually elevating, very tight pin position.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...=4276&mode=ci#
Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 57
Every frickin hole at the IDGC the whole frickin weekend ... beautiful weather, fun tourney ... and I just suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked ... grip lock, early release, shanked putts, putts that hit the basket and roll 30', putts that launch off the top of the basket, approach shots that hit chains and bottom of the inside of the basket and bounce out and then roll 30' ... bad form, bad mechanics, bad technique, bad decisions, bad luck

... at least it can't get worse
Old 09-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Par Member

That's a really fun hole, but that pin position is dangerous!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgz View Post
Not today, but yesterday while playing The Hunt at Deer Lakes near Pgh, hole 11 in the 2nd round bit me hard. Forget about the holes in the first round that I wish I could take back. I had a mediocre first round of a 69 on a par 66 from the white tees. As mentioned there were a few holes that I want back including the one where I put my drive 15-20 feet from the basket, and my putt was just an inch too low hitting the cage, falling to the ground and then rolling 60 feet down the slope into the woods with end result being a 4 when I should have had a 2. OK BAD break on that one.

However my 2nd round was going pretty well even with a double bogey on a par 3 already in the round. But I had 7 birds and hole 11 was the last hole of the round. All I needed to do was make a par 3 and I would be 3 under and probably finish in the top 3. No probelm as I parked it for a duece in the first round. The hole is a downhill wooded shot into a ravine with the basket about 50 feet up the other side, maybe 275 total. Before I tee, everyone is congratulating me on a great round even joking that I should just leave my bag at the tee and just carry my putter down the hill as we would be heading to HQ back up the hill. I tee up with the same disc I dueced it on taking the same line. I let her rip only to release my disc just a smidgen too soon and my disc goes right into the first tree not 30 feet from the tee and richochets left into the woods. Damn!! OK, maybe I can still par it if I have a line out of the woods. No such luck. Best I can do is throw a control shot through a small opening and get it back to the fairway. OK, I will get a 4 and still finish 2 down. I take my upshot and misjudge the distance and shoot past the basket by 30 feet. Double Damn!! I look at my putt and I have to putt back to the basket on a down hill slope. There is one tree in the way, but I can step off to the side and still get a clean look at the basket. I decide to go for it and get my 4, only to hit the chains off to the side and my disc falls to the ground about 20 feet past the pasket. Triple damn!!!! OK, sink this put and finish 1 down. It is now an uphill putt and I stare the basket down, take my shot only to have it bounce again off the chains and fall to the ground right next to the basket. I forget how many damns I have now but it was a triple bogey and I finished even and in 6th place where I could of, would of, should of finished in the top 3.

But I still had fun as it was a beautiful day and the group I played with was a fun bunch of guys.

Rick G
That's a real fun hole but that pin position is dangerous!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.1
Courses Played: 315
Konen Creek #18, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. Went +13 in that seven hole stretch with seven OBs. Only +1 the rest of the course.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:29 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartman View Post
Every frickin hole at the IDGC the whole frickin weekend ... beautiful weather, fun tourney ... and I just suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked ... grip lock, early release, shanked putts, putts that hit the basket and roll 30', putts that launch off the top of the basket, approach shots that hit chains and bottom of the inside of the basket and bounce out and then roll 30' ... bad form, bad mechanics, bad technique, bad decisions, bad luck

... at least it can't get worse
Don't say that. It could have been a day at the office.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
I went to Oregon Park in Marietta, GA yesterday, and the first six holes went pretty well. Then when I got to #7, the drive stuck to my finger, and I threw the disc over next to the #9 tee pad. At that point, I was happy to get away with a 4. But then I bogeyed #8, and nearly screwed up #9 as well. Then I threw back-to-back double-bogeys on 10 and 11. After that, I started playing decently again, so I guess the middle of the course had my number yesterday. It won't be the last time.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:15 AM

Courses Played: 69
Hole 22 Vallarta-Ast Token Creek - Wi Tour Finale

11 On Hole #22 - The Easy Way!

Birdie hole #21 to get back to even for the round.

Check wind on tee, and determine that it's a crossing from the right headwind, and it's blowing!

Smooth a Pig out to the right, watch it go up the headwind elevator, make it's sweet move back to pin, and watch it land inches long! Sonvagun.

Walk to drop pad, take a little off of a Zone, and watch it get wind slammed down, and skip off the top of the rocks. Dagnabit.

Put extra spin on a P4, and watch it covering the pin in flight, until it nicks a pole, lands on edge on the green, does a little lap on the ground, and finds it's way out the teeny tiny little opening in the rocks on the front of the green. Huh, what am I going to take on this hole?

Spin a little spike hyzer Firebird, and watch it land on my Pig, just long. Fornicate.

Spin a little spike hyzer Teebird successfully, leaving a 28 ft downwind putt. Gonna take some effort to focus on this putt after all this fun.

Slam Pig (too breezy for a magnet) off middle of front of cage, with authority.

Drop in 11. BOOM!

Finish next 12 holes in even par.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about amicably discussing and going over the count for the next 3 holes. Someone on the card said that "I'm not sure about the 11, but 11 is fair after all that." My position was , and still is, "I'm not sure if it was fair, but it was an 11!"
Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.8
Courses Played: 76
Hole #11 at Loriella Park in Spotsy VA has had my number for a while. It is a very simple 240 foot tunnel shot that is slightly uphill. I have tried everything... it's more of a mental thing.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 21.5
Courses Played: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by aPfaff View Post
Hole #11 at Loriella Park in Spotsy VA has had my number for a while. It is a very simple 240 foot tunnel shot that is slightly uphill. I have tried everything... it's more of a mental thing.
forehand roller for the par or birdie. Look at it the next time. It works for me.