Old 09-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.2
Courses Played: 43
Throwing Style: RHBH
i picked up a distance wheel for cheaps at a rummage sale.
if anyone needs to borrow it, let me know.

some of you course makers are 'estimating' distances and its getting a bit unbelievable when you say a 150 easy ace run is 330ft par 3...
Old 09-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by compn View Post
i picked up a distance wheel for cheaps at a rummage sale.
if anyone needs to borrow it, let me know.

some of you course makers are 'estimating' distances and its getting a bit unbelievable when you say a 150 easy ace run is 330ft par 3...
I work for a civil engineering firm so...I'm a bit of an expert at this...Please don't use a wheel to measure hole distances. Just buy a 300' tape from your local home improvement store for about $27 if you are really hurting to know the distance.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 80
I played Smash Park this weekend, I hope the other 9 holes bring something to it, or else I may not ever have a reason to play here again.

Excited to see the new Holland Course and the Zeeland course. That will bring me to about 64 played and 50 reviewed
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Par Member

Where is the new holland course going to be at?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Thanks, Dad

I don't think it's too new.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:50 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgamerp View Post
I played Smash Park this weekend, I hope the other 9 holes bring something to it, or else I may not ever have a reason to play here again.

Excited to see the new Holland Course and the Zeeland course. That will bring me to about 64 played and 50 reviewed
I LOVED Smash park. 180-230' holes, all deuceable but none are really "pitch n putt" at all. We played twice through, had a lot of fun and the course has a lot of personality. I had to work my weaker FH shot a lot and was really happy to take 2's on hole 9 both rounds. A great quick stop if you're out for a round at Fallasburg or feeling a bit masochistic and wanna play Bertha Brock, both are nearby.

And so there's an update, CCR put some new chains on some of the worst offending baskets at Fitzgerald Park, and we held the first sanctioned tournament in a long time there. There's still a lot to be done, but it's the best layout I've ever seen there, definitely better than the last two reworkings. Hopefully we can make it permanent over the next couple years with a few new chainstars and some pads.

Last edited by whentherainscome; 10-03-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
And so there's an update, CCR put some new chains on some of the worst offending baskets at Fitzgerald Park, and we held the first sanctioned tournament in a long time there. There's still a lot to be done, but it's the best layout I've ever seen there, definitely better than the last two reworkings. Hopefully we can make it permanent over the next couple years with a few new chainstars and some pads.
Were you allowed to put the 2 holes back in the ravine? IMO, those were the best 2 holes on the course when I played; if they weren't added back, the rest of the redesign would have to be pretty epic to make it the best layout I'VE seen.

That said, teepads and better navigation would go a VERY long way.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks, Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by whentherainscome View Post
I LOVED Smash park. 180-230' holes, all deuceable but none are really "pitch n putt" at all. We played twice through, had a lot of fun and the course has a lot of personality. I had to work my weaker FH shot a lot and was really happy to take 2's on hole 9 both rounds. A great quick stop if you're out for a round at Fallasburg or feeling a bit masochistic and wanna play Bertha Brock, both are nearby.
I mean It was good, but I just felt like the trees were stupid on some of the lines. Granted everything is less then 240 so not getting par is kind of hard
Old 10-03-2013, 01:30 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
Were you allowed to put the 2 holes back in the ravine? IMO, those were the best 2 holes on the course when I played; if they weren't added back, the rest of the redesign would have to be pretty epic to make it the best layout I'VE seen.

That said, teepads and better navigation would go a VERY long way.
Couldn't agree more with every single word.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejvogie View Post
Were you allowed to put the 2 holes back in the ravine? IMO, those were the best 2 holes on the course when I played; if they weren't added back, the rest of the redesign would have to be pretty epic to make it the best layout I'VE seen....
Yea, I've been wondering this myself. Without those holes, it would take soo much away from that course.