Disc Golf Store
Old 10-06-2013, 11:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Very Interesting Putt Result With Video

I'm subscribed to McFlySoHigh Video on Youtube and really enjoy his work. I just ran across this video. Just in case, I searched DGCR to see if a thread like this had already been started and I didn't find one. I did, however, find reference to the same video that I'm referring to in this thread, http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ht=N7ev9NyQmG8 . The putt I'm talking about was discussed in that thread a bit, too. However, I thought it deserving of a its own thread to hopefully stir up some discussion.

Anyway, it's a cool video. Watch the video. Run it up to 7:10 or a little before, if you like, to check out Barrys putt, right after MJs. Then continue reading the rest of the post.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

SPOILER ALERT!!! YOU MAY NOT WANT TO SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE VIDEO!!!

So, what'd you think? I've never seen that happen before. I know the rule. What a bummer for Barry! That's got to be even less common that a DROT. But how cool/uncool was it that the disc flipped into, and then out of, the basket only to end up just hanging on the nub?

I going to watch the rest now to see how it turns out. I wonder if this putt made a difference in the final standing!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:36 PM

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 13
The same happened to me once! I was so bummed.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 73
Cool to see it happen. Not cool for the scorecard!

There's another interesting putt later on in the video. It's somewhere, probably around 13-15 minutes in or so. Maybe around hole #9 or 10. If I remember, I'll check it out later. But, anyway, one of the guys putts and hits solid chastity belt, only to have it fall right down directly into the tray. I've seen this happen before, but not too often. It's still pretty cool to see it when it does happen!
Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 19
^^^^ That's happened to me a few times. I've even had the lip of my disc get hooked under the nub of the inner-rim of the basket. We counted it in (small cash round) but i have never looked to see if it counts or heard of it happening to anyone else
Old 10-07-2013, 04:18 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 12
I have had this happen to me also a couple of times. It just sucks
Old 10-07-2013, 05:41 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
If it happened the other way, where the disc were hanging into the basket, would it count? That rule is a little confusing
Old 10-07-2013, 08:22 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 163
I'd never seen the chastity belt clank go in until this year's Paint Creek 'Second Inaugural Redneck Open' (yes that's intentional). A guy on my card hit the dreaded yellow band on his putt on hole 18, and it flipped under, trickled down the chains & stayed in. The weird thing is, he made almost the exact same putt on the next round!!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 9
I counted it for casual play.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 93
I've had two of those in my short 1.5 years of playing... one a putt like that where my disc was suspended by TWO nubs and another 150 ft. approach that spit out and hung on the nub. Both casual rounds and neither counted. There's not such thing as a casual score.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:36 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 16
I've had a few of my putts off the yellow Innova band go in, and a few hit dead center on the pole and bounce straight back towards me and out (I've since stopped putting with a Blowfly), but I've never had a disc end up on the basket's nub like in this video. I guess it's equivalent to having a borderline low putt rattle out instead of stick. It's hard to get the borderline putts to go in when they're long and you have to put a lot of spin on them. It's akin to hitting the rim on a free throw, and the basketball falls out instead of falling in, only basketball rims don't have nubs.