Old 10-15-2013, 01:40 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by seehad View Post
It's been a few years since I watched these videos and read that thread. I used to get a nice audible snap from towels but it somehow stopped. It may be for other reasons, but I believe I've been trying to gain armspeed at elevation to make up for the more stable flights. After rewatching these videos I got out my trusty towel to test it out. The result? POP! Every time now. Now that I have that feeling back, I am starting to really feel power coming from my legs and hips kinetically chained to the whip.
See I can pop the hell out of a towel..however when I have a disc on my hand everything seems to change...at least I think I know how its supposed to feel now.....so when it comes back Ill know
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2013, 01:45 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 8
It just sucks because I had it and I think Im doing the same thing but obviously Im not....

Old 02-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'm been getting 350 now consistently in the last few days by letting my wrist stay very loose through my turn and pull. It snaps by itself when I squeeze the disc hard.

I've heard and seen in clinics and online from pros about if you should keep your wrist locked or loose. I found a video on youtube with David Wiggins who says you should keep the wrist very loose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywEyf...sH6gv&index=26

That just worked for me. If I don't do that my max for a flat line drive pull is about 310. With the little wrist wriggle I'd adding 40 feet. I'm also using 3 fingers because it's easier to keep the nose down and my wrist is loosing so it's easier to feel the bounce.