Old 10-31-2013, 04:35 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.8
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
http://www.pdga.com/

PDGA has a feature video of the Canadians in June. Nice little video of the courses.

Edit: Oops, didn't see that it was already posted

Last edited by baileyt1212; 10-31-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scared_Discless View Post
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
6:20 to 6:25 on part 2. seems like Avery is complaining about something! typical....
Old 11-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
6:20 to 6:25 on part 2. seems like Avery is complaining about something! typical....
Camera noise.

My initial reaction when I first viewed the video was similar, but in thinking about it, I'm inclined to give Avery a bit of a pass on this one.

For one thing, we can't tell from the video whether Avery said something because he was distracted by the noise or if it was distracting others on the card and he took it upon himself to warn/alert the cameraman/photographer, which is certainly possible. There's a video on YouTube of KC asking a photog not to start shooting until after players had released their putts (the photog is a distance from the video camera and you can hear the shutter firing), then getting in the guy's face and chewing him out when he started shooting before the next player up had released his putt.

The other thing is, Avery's been interrupted at least twice during a major by a cell phone going off when he was about to release a putt (missed one, made one), so he's probably a little more sensitive to extraneous noises than most.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 13.9
Courses Played: 165
Avery said to take it easy with the camera because it [the shutter] was very loud. Especially during drives. He said it was distracting.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.9
Courses Played: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
Camera noise.

My initial reaction when I first viewed the video was similar, but in thinking about it, I'm inclined to give Avery a bit of a pass on this one.

For one thing, we can't tell from the video whether Avery said something because he was distracted by the noise or if it was distracting others on the card and he took it upon himself to warn/alert the cameraman/photographer, which is certainly possible. There's a video on YouTube of KC asking a photog not to start shooting until after players had released their putts (the photog is a distance from the video camera and you can hear the shutter firing), then getting in the guy's face and chewing him out when he started shooting before the next player up had released his putt.

The other thing is, Avery's been interrupted at least twice during a major by a cell phone going off when he was about to release a putt (missed one, made one), so he's probably a little more sensitive to extraneous noises than most.
Personally never understood this. Hitting a pitch moving at 100 mph, with 41,000 screaming fans requires so very much less concentration than a putt? The entire quiet thing for ball golf always left me wondering as well.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Personally never understood this. Hitting a pitch moving at 100 mph, with 41,000 screaming fans requires so very much less concentration than a putt? The entire quiet thing for ball golf always left me wondering as well.
Baseball, football, and basketball players expect to hear loud fans and distractions. Golfers, both disc and ball, expect there to be relative silence and little distraction. Once you'e acclimated to a certain atmosphere during an event, it's easier to tune out those distractions, but something you don't expect (cell phone, camera shutter) can make you lose focus instantly. Avery wasn't trying to be a dick and he was probably saying what the whole card was thinking.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Constant noise/distractions don't bother me, it's the sudden start/stop that ****s me up.

I'm surprised more bball fans don't emulate dookies when they stand still and then lean one way in unison right before freethrows.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Eagle Member

Heeeyyy, putter, putter, putter!!! MISS, MISS, MISS.

The first time I went to a DG tournament at Delaveaga is was almost eerie how quiet it was. Not sure if that is really going to hold up if DG grows. We just aren't the same people as Ball Golfers where the whole gallery tries to be quiet for a putt, and that doesn't really happen now days for 100% of the people anyways.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:49 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
This month's DG Monthly is pretty cool...but I might be partial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT5TxgXAbOU

Old 11-04-2013, 06:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 32
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by notroman View Post
Avery said to take it easy with the camera because it [the shutter] was very loud. Especially during drives. He said it was distracting.
As long as it is handled professionally, I see no problem with that.

I was at 2012 Worlds at Renny when Ken C loudly complained to the Marshal about a photographer who was clicking during drives and putts. The photographer is a DGCR guy but I cannot recall the name. Ken made a legitimate gripe and the Marshal spoke to the photographer, which cleared up the issue. Ken is very adamant about having no noise distractions when he throws, whether he is plaing well or not.

I can't fault Avery for doing the same thing, albeit more quietly.