Disc Golf Store
Old 11-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I've got me a sweet 174 Proton Eclipse Soft Ion on the way. It's clear with a light ice blue outer ring.

Love the UV/Ice Blue Eclipse. My putting putter is a UV/IB Eclipse Soft Ion. My first ace disc was a UV/IB E Axis. Ruined that nice color with a lot of nasty, black sharpie marks.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanJon View Post
Man I hate those little pre-fab jobs.

We built our own indoor private park after the city replaced our concrete park with a pre-fab.

That spine looks nice though.
Yeah its nothing special but its only a few blocks down the road. Me and the dude skating the rail ha v been skating it for about a decade or more, lots of memories...

Used to be some nice indoor parks but they all closed. Akron has an awesome concrete park at least.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
So I purchased my first Ion and received it today. I took an Eclipse soft.
Few questions and comments :
- It is really soft. Wasn't expecting it to be that extreme. Is anyone using the soft ones for driving in normal condition (not talking middle of winter, in Alberta...) ?
- It came with a puddle top, more on one side, is this normal?

I'm looking forward to use it, I'm just a little sad cause I would rather have it be just a little more firm. The grip is really good though.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 62
I use them to drive and they work really well, I love the grip. I've had flat and puddle topped putters from them and they seem to fly identical.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:56 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
Thx for the input Mike. I don't dislike soft discs for driving, but I was getting accustomed to firmer putter as it's what I used in the past few months. I was actually hoping to use the Ion as my more reliable fading driving putter as my Wizards keeps on beating up. I still love them for driving, but thinking that a premium plastic putter will be better for that. I tried the evo Wizard but didn't like it at all.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:59 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kp0c View Post
So I purchased my first Ion and received it today. I took an Eclipse soft.
Few questions and comments :
- It is really soft. Wasn't expecting it to be that extreme. Is anyone using the soft ones for driving in normal condition (not talking middle of winter, in Alberta...) ?
- It came with a puddle top, more on one side, is this normal?

I'm looking forward to use it, I'm just a little sad cause I would rather have it be just a little more firm. The grip is really good though.
recent eclipse regulars are fairly soft compared to past runs.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:05 AM
Birdie Member

I agree with Mike. I drive and putt with softs. They drive very well. Personally, I love it when they are puddle-topped. It seems to give me a little bit better grip. The softs, when new, have pretty good grip out of the box. When they season, they tend to get more grippy. While the flight plate might be really soft, the overmold doesn't flex out of shape on a power throw. I get the same releases with softs, normal proton and neutron. The softs seem to absorb impacts better for me and that is one of the reasons I use the softs.

As for retaining there flight characteristics, they haven't changed much for me in the last year and a half of throwing them.

Last edited by Fraser; 11-02-2013 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:17 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
Love the UV/Ice Blue Eclipse. My putting putter is a UV/IB Eclipse Soft Ion. My first ace disc was a UV/IB E Axis. Ruined that nice color with a lot of nasty, black sharpie marks.
I bought an Ice Blue Volt last week but it's not UV. I'm curious if the Ion will be or not. Does MVP even still do the UV with newer discs?
Old 11-02-2013, 02:54 AM
Birdie Member

I'm not sure on the Volt. I just put in a new order with them a couple of weeks ago. I requested a new UV/IB Axis to replace the one that is now hanging on my wall and I received one. There was also a UV/IB E Ion in the order too (now I have a backup). However, the light blue P Volt that I received was not UV. Regarding your Ion, the one that you posted looks like the UV/IB E ones. I think, but I don't know for sure, that there is a light blue Proton/Eclipse and an "Ice Blue" available in Eclipse. The Ice Blues being UV (looks clear but is a very light blue in the flight plate) and the light blue not being UV (the blue is more noticeable in the flight plate.)

Old 11-02-2013, 03:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

You've got a good looking nollie disaster
Closed Thread