Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: LHBH
I read this thread last night, and was about to post that I have gone diving for discs and returned many to fellow disc golfers in my area. But I had not gotten any returned yet.
Well I decided not to post, and to my surprise, I got a phone call from a guy about 100 miles away where a tournament is going to be played this weekend, saying he found my disc. I am still in shock! I remember throwing it, and cannot believe someone found it.
Awesome, will be excited to be reunited this weekend!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2013, 12:46 PM

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 16
I found one today, is there someplace to advertise it? It only has initials, no phone number. Found in New Braunfels, TX. Innova Valkyrie.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwalters View Post
I found one today, is there someplace to advertise it? It only has initials, no phone number. Found in New Braunfels, TX. Innova Valkyrie.
Sounds like a keeper to me. If you want your discs back you need to atleast put your phone number.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 176
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwalters View Post
I've always tried my best to find the owner, but in some cases, just had to post up found discs on here in the stickied "lost disc megathread" and at the local club forum's lost & found. Described the discs, and asked folks to tell me the initials (or in my most recent case, there was just a phrase written on the bottom), but you probably won't find anyone who will respond. I'd say, by the end of the month, do what you want with it, with a clear conscience.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Lefty Activist

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 98
I lost my very first ESP Buzzz early last summer, practicing for Worlds. I was throwing the whole bag on a few holes to warm up and perfect my already flawless form, and I forgot to pick up my favorite Buzzz. Had to try to break in another for Worlds, but it was no use, and I therefor didn't win the tournament.

Then this spring, DGCR's own ian found my Buzzz! In Seneca....nearly a year removed and about an hour away from where I lost it originally.

Still had my name and number clearly legible.

After that, I decided to put my name on the top...

Old 11-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Lefty Activist

Years Playing: 10.7
Courses Played: 98
Also lost my very first dye, twice.

First time, it went over a fence throwing at a friend's house in the country. One of the neighbor's vicious dogs came and took it away, and I just assumed that was that. Two weeks later, the neighbor returned it, and barely scarred!

Then bergdawg used it to carry the water at Stoney Hill. Alas, it did not carry, and crashed into the murky abyss.

Then a few months later, the Cunninghams were out there and found it, and returned it!

But I don't throw it. :P

Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 22.5
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHBH
2 recent returns.

1st was in a tournament. I early released a firebird into some deep nasty woods along the side of some nasty water. I wasn't going to even attempt to go get it....
About 7 Holes later I see this guy running my way holding the disc, I have no idea how he got to it.

I just got another one back that I had lost on a water hole back in Feb. or March. The course I lost it on was attached to a bay and has tides. Somehow it washed out about 200 yards from where I lost it. Sadly the barnacles got to it and I'm not sure it will make the bag again.