Old 12-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 34
Throwing Style: RHBH
tournie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfpro View Post
Congrats on your great showing! Good to vent - and then move on to bigger and better things at the next level
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Tournaments take all the fun out of the game, just like it took the fun out of it for you.

Have a great round with friends and let it go.
Thanks guys. Will do.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:03 AM

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 229
Sounds like you got screwed by locals! About 4 years ago, I experienced some shady locals in Louisville. There was a really bad culture of shaving strokes and not counting the +4 per hole of each hole missed (late local yokels) in Rec. The co-TD was even debating what to give his buddies for the first 7 holes they missed. Pissed me off so bad. There's no debate when it's clearly in the rulebook! Chattanooga puts on some great events. Sorry to hear about that situation, but it doesn't surprise me. The farther you go south the more questionable people's ethics get!

I tied at Mt. Airy last year. It shows as a first place finish on my PDGA record even though I lost the playoff. So, you should be able to still tell people you won!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:04 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.6
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Tournaments take all the fun out of the game, just like it took the fun out of it for you.

Have a great round with friends and let it go.
I played tournaments for 5 years and this was one of the reasons I stopped.

Good advice here. It's easy to follow the advice unless you're the one that was slighted, then it's not as easy but still the right advice.

Congrats on the 1st place tie!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:32 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 16.8
Courses Played: 119
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4por View Post
Unfortunatly, life is sometimes unfair. I would have discussed my disappointment with the TD, expressing the lack of professionalism, had left a bad taste with you. Perhaps, the TD will handle things differently moving forward. Only injury here seems to be pride and principle. Chalk it up, there is always a victory in being the bigger person. Life will present bigger woes. Nice win, bro.
I agree with the bolded. I also think that the PDGA should be notified about this. Maybe you think it's no big deal and it's not worth fixing this particular instance, but is there not a greater lesson that can be learned?

I'd rather that the PDGA be made aware of this and perhaps take steps to avoid it happening the future, then to have this instance slide by and have it happen again to someone else at another tournament in another area and have everyone go "why aren't there provisions or procedures for this kind of thing?"
Old 12-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.3
Courses Played: 173
I am sure there are two sides to the story but what you have described is disgraceful. Curious if the tournament was casual or sanctioned. If sanctioned, I would definitely contact the PDGA. I was at a sanctioned tournament this year and an entire division did not turn in their scorecard for the final round. The TD and other players did everything they could to try and find at least one player on the card but could not reach any of them so they all were DQ'ed. A few years ago I had a person helping the TD add 10 strokes to my score when I was tied for the lead after the 2nd round of a B Tier. Thankfully I was in the area when they wrote the incorrect score in and it was corrected. I did get the impression this was intentional due me living in an area and being in a club that many people dislike.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I agree with the bolded. I also think that the PDGA should be notified about this. Maybe you think it's no big deal and it's not worth fixing this particular instance, but is there not a greater lesson that can be learned?

I'd rather that the PDGA be made aware of this and perhaps take steps to avoid it happening the future, then to have this instance slide by and have it happen again to someone else at another tournament in another area and have everyone go "why aren't there provisions or procedures for this kind of thing?"
I agree. At the very least it will be brought to their attention.
It does sound like favoritism, and really sucks to be a victim of it.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 317
My mature side says contact the PDGA, and explain what happened.

My "fairness at all costs" side wants a pine tar game resolution, with the TD paying both your and your opponents travel costs. But I don't see that happening.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.4
Courses Played: 109
I was hosed out of the ace pool once when nobody won it and there was a giant throw off for it...The TD announced that it would take place immediately...and GO! It had been a good 30 minutes since there had been any sort of activity; everybody was waiting around, and I had put my Discs back in the car. I managed to sprint for them (along with ten other people), returned, and tossed my Disc about 3 seconds after everybody did. "Nope, too late!"

I was the closest to the pin. It was for over $100. Haven't played in a tournament since.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.4
Courses Played: 78
i generally think most of the "post-event whining" on this board is just that- post event whining- however in this case i think you are 100% justified in reporting it to the pdga- pure incompetence on the part of the td.

scrutinizer- what does a throw off for an ace pool have to do with the tournament to begin with?

Old 12-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 44
Man that sucks. Maybe it's because of my standoffish attitude, but I would have a hard time letting this one go. As Captain Anhyzer clearly pointed out, there are rules in place to make sure your situation never happens. The TD, being a certified official, clearly dropped the ball on this. I would report it. It may not help you get your win, but it sounds like this guys official card needs to be either revoked, or suspended at the very least.