#501  
Old 10-31-2013, 09:51 AM
Murderous Monkey's Avatar
Murderous Monkey Murderous Monkey is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: La Crosse
Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 612
I too prefer my opto over my gl
Reply With Quote
  #502  
Old 11-01-2013, 11:42 PM
khmer's Avatar
khmer khmer is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasP View Post
Finding visions that are the same is tough though. One will be dx stingray flippy and the next is much more like a beat gl saint.
Visions with stamps labeled "turnover control & distance driver" fly more like a stingray. Visions with stamps labeled "stable control driver" are similar to a beat in gl saint. The latter being the newer one. Hope this helps
Reply With Quote
  #503  
Old 11-03-2013, 01:27 AM
LucasP LucasP is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 19
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by khmer View Post
Visions with stamps labeled "turnover control & distance driver" fly more like a stingray. Visions with stamps labeled "stable control driver" are similar to a beat in gl saint. The latter being the newer one. Hope this helps
Hmmm that's good to know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #504  
Old 11-25-2013, 11:09 PM
Uncle Matt Uncle Matt is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chimichangaville
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 747
Just put the Fury back in the bag. Having it and the Saint together is a great 1,2 combo.

The Fury can hyzerflip for days and I have those perfect turnovers with it.

I have a Gold Line,but I've never tried the Opto. Is there a big difference in the two?
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 11-25-2013, 11:12 PM
MrGlass01's Avatar
MrGlass01 MrGlass01 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New Glarus, WI
Posts: 3,849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Matt View Post
Just put the Fury back in the bag. Having it and the Saint together is a great 1,2 combo.

The Fury can hyzerflip for days and I have those perfect turnovers with it.

I have a Gold Line,but I've never tried the Opto. Is there a big difference in the two?
My opto is less stable than my gold line. It turns way easier and flips up turns right the fade is super late if any. Gold line will turn but pan out quicker and a more bitey fade. I bag both but throw the gold line way more, my opto is more of a utility/extreme anny disc.
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 11-25-2013, 11:16 PM
Uncle Matt Uncle Matt is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Chimichangaville
Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
My opto is less stable than my gold line. It turns way easier and flips up turns right the fade is super late if any. Gold line will turn but pan out quicker and a more bitey fade. I bag both but throw the gold line way more, my opto is more of a utility/extreme anny disc.
That is good to know man. There is hole out here at one of the courses I play at that the Opto would be perfect for.

I could hyzerflip it and watch it Sail right to the basket on an extreme anhyzer.

thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 11-29-2013, 09:01 PM
JedV's Avatar
JedV JedV is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu-f-o View Post
so opto is best for hyzer flip? I would assume gold line would be better, just from my experiences with the fuse. Interested to know.
My Opto Fury was giving me some sweet hyzer flips today. It is starting to beat in nicely. I need take my Gold Line Fury off the shelf and compare.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 11-29-2013, 10:46 PM
bfowler bfowler is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,040
I might try a Goldline too. My 170 opto was a perfect hyzerflip disc when I first got it but now it's a great hyzerflip disc with a hard right fade. Great for dogleg rights.

But I really would like the hyzerflip to a long laser disc that it was when I first got it.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 12-09-2013, 03:04 PM
bfowler bfowler is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,040
My Avenger SS and Opto Fury are both getting pretty beat in. I want to replace one of them. What I want is a great hyzer flip to straight disc right out of the box that will stay that way for a while. The Fury was perfect but beat in to great turnover disc in only a couple of months.

I'm thinking a heavy GL Fury?
Reply With Quote
 

  #510  
Old 12-09-2013, 03:07 PM
onemilemore's Avatar
onemilemore onemilemore is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: San Marcos, CA
Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: LHBH
Posts: 4,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
My Avenger SS and Opto Fury are both getting pretty beat in. I want to replace one of them. What I want is a great hyzer flip to straight disc right out of the box that will stay that way for a while. The Fury was perfect but beat in to great turnover disc in only a couple of months.

I'm thinking a heavy GL Fury?
I'm having this same issue. My Fury beat in way faster than Opto used to.

I tried a Discmania TD2, and it wasn't doing it for me. Not as understable (for me) as I hoped it would be, so hyzer flipping wasn't going well.

When you figure something out, report back. I'm on a disc buying moratorium so I am stuck with the Fury for the time being.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.