Disc Golf Store
Old 12-10-2013, 10:58 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 26
Throwing Style: LHBH
I need to try a VIP Stag, because my TP is anything but overstable. It flies a lot like my TP Underworld that is anything but understable. Beautiful pearly discs that do what they want to do.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:11 AM
*Legalize It*

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
^^ my VIP Stag is beeefy and its 167g .. if i really really crank on it i can get a lil turn but it hooks up hard at the end of its flight.. very much like a glidey Eagle-X at my arm speed anyway.. tad faster though
Old 12-10-2013, 04:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian. View Post
^^ my VIP Stag is beeefy and its 167g .. if i really really crank on it i can get a lil turn but it hooks up hard at the end of its flight.. very much like a glidey Eagle-X at my arm speed anyway.. tad faster though
Yup, same here. I have only thrown on Stag, but apparently there are flippy ones out there. Just haven't seen them in person yet.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: RHBH
Just got myself a bright pink 170 GL Fury and it's a fantastic disc. It's super straight with a tiny turn and a tiny fade, and of course that magical, Swedish glide. It's actually a little less understable than I expected. I have a GL Saint that is considerably more flippy at the moment, but that is because my Saint has been my workhorse driver for over a year and has beat in nicely. 10/10 would throw again.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:02 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: -0.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantheman0721 View Post
Just got myself a bright pink 170 GL Fury and it's a fantastic disc. It's super straight with a tiny turn and a tiny fade, and of course that magical, Swedish glide. It's actually a little less understable than I expected. I have a GL Saint that is considerably more flippy at the moment, but that is because my Saint has been my workhorse driver for over a year and has beat in nicely. 10/10 would throw again.
now get a saint pro, they make a great set
Old 04-20-2014, 11:15 AM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 77
i do not have oat i can throw comets at 300+ frozen rope so dont suggest that...

anyone else find that the fury cant handle too much torque as opposed to say a sidewinder?

i have to throw the fury at like 50-75% power to get low laser hyzerflips with it. the sidewinder i could put 100% mustard behind it and have low hyzer flips. to get a smooth turn over i really have to air out a fury and it has a ton of lateral movement. its a first run opto.
Old 04-20-2014, 12:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
The Fury is a finesse disc, but I've always found Sidewinders to be more OS than their numbers say. Could be an adjustment period.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
i do not have oat i can throw comets at 300+ frozen rope so dont suggest that...

anyone else find that the fury cant handle too much torque as opposed to say a sidewinder?

i have to throw the fury at like 50-75% power to get low laser hyzerflips with it. the sidewinder i could put 100% mustard behind it and have low hyzer flips. to get a smooth turn over i really have to air out a fury and it has a ton of lateral movement. its a first run opto.
Maybe you have OAT......

I don't throw anything US from the Trilogy mix at over 75% or I get the same results as you...your not the only one. But that's what I like about them. The Saint and River for example...I love popping those things out high and flat and watching them turn over and coast down on that anny line with little effort. Or throwing them from a stand still in the woods on a smooth hyzer angle and watching them flip to flat and glide out...good stuff
Old 04-20-2014, 01:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Maybe you have OAT......

I don't throw anything US from the Trilogy mix at over 75% or I get the same results as you...your not the only one. But that's what I like about them. The Saint and River for example...I love popping those things out high and flat and watching them turn over and coast down on that anny line with little effort. Or throwing them from a stand still in the woods on a smooth hyzer angle and watching them flip to flat and glide out...good stuff
i can rip on the saint. i love my saints. im only throwing them 325 consistently up to 350. 365 max. saying that the fury is a finesse disc sounds exactly right. its not a torque monkey disc. i was doing like 50-75% mustard and they glide straight forever if you hyzer flip them. such effortless D

well still on the quest to find a disc like the sidewinder. fury is too finesse for my liking

Last edited by elmexdela; 04-20-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemilemore View Post
Yup, same here. I have only thrown on Stag, but apparently there are flippy ones out there. Just haven't seen them in person yet.
Most are the TP ones I believe. I've only had one stag and it was about a 170g TP and was domey. It was not what I would call stable and definitely not overstable. 8/5/-1.5/2 would be the numbers I'd call mine as opposed to the 8/6/0/3 which I believe are on the disc. I haven't tried a VIP though that plastic tends to be a little more overstable so in heavy weights and that plastic I could see one being nice and stable. I just wasn't a fan and it was too domey. I'm much more comfortable with my assortment of Escapes.