Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 114
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discNDav View Post

No way, I think I gave that course 1.5 stars!
He's only played 14 courses.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 269
In no order. Currently...
Leviathan, MI
10-3 @ CB- long, CO
Justin Trails Big Brother, WI
Camden II, IL *mostly "C" positions*
Renny Gold, NC

This is a rough copy and could change tomorrow at will. These are definitely some of my top favs though regardless.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:09 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 628
Throwing Style: RHFH
^ obviously this guy needs to play more golf!
Old 12-11-2013, 01:15 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 70
I'm going to post mine, even though I've only played 25 courses and it's pretty western PA dominant. I've got a few road trips planned in 2014 that should shake this up a bit, but for now here's where things stand, a year and a half into my disc golfing experience.

5) Flanacher Park - Unique, demanding course in Baton Rouge. Features a bunch of true par 4s in a tightly wooded environment. Some real unique looks, and a lot of risk/reward (mostly risk ).

4) Deer Lakes - Fantastic course with some through-the-roof memorable holes (I'll never forget staring down the barrel of hole 3, in which "things got real"). I didn't love it as much as some others, but still a fantastic course.

3) Knob Hill - A western PA classic. Doesn't have the wow factor of Deer Lakes, but is all-around more consistent. There's just a magic to how this course flows and comes together that makes for a special round to me.

2) Orange Crush - This course doesn't get talked about enough. In an area loaded with options for great golf, Orange Crush stands out as a true tour de force in the woods. Easily the most challenging course I've ever played, and yet, extremely fair and enjoyable regardless. I can't rave enough about this course: it plays a very particular kind of golf due to the omnipresent woods, but does about as much as you could do within that context. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I imagine this'll always be near the top for me, as it's truly quality.

1) Moraine State Park - Simply the best course I've played, in any and all aspects. Super varied, great flow, gorgeous setting. Any time I talk about this course I feel my descriptions are inadequate.

Honorable Mention: Linbrook - Best course you've never heard of. Only 9 holes, and still rough around the edges, but boy does this have the makings of something special. At least three of the four 500'+ par 4s would be in my top 10 most memorable holes. They all are extremely challenging - 3 is almost undoubtedly the hardest hole I've ever played - and pushed my game to new places. Balancing these out are a masterful mix of densely wooded holes that cover an amazing variety for only 9. I really hope this course gets expanded to 18 in the near future and becomes better groomed. Under those conditions, it could easily become the best course in the area. And that's saying something.

- - - - -

I'm looking forward to heading to eastern PA next summer and pitting Tyler/Nockamixon/etc against the best western PA has to offer!

Last edited by Qikly; 12-11-2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 215
Redo
1. Hawk Hollow
2. Flyboy
3. Stoney Hill
4. WR Jackson
5. Brackett's Bluff (old layout)
6. Steady ED
7. Castle Hayne
8. New Quarter
9. Bradford
10. Glenburnie
Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuie View Post
^ obviously this guy needs to play more golf!
Your cheating playing in SoCal. Your supposed to be snowed in in northern Wisco..

Stupid course baggers...
Old 12-11-2013, 12:00 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 138
Send a message via AIM to New013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgamerp View Post
Same number 8, yet my 2 is your 5 Also we've only played 2 of the same courses.
I plan on rectifying this situation next year by playing the IDGC and possibly Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Thanks, Dad

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by New013 View Post
I plan on rectifying this situation next year by playing the IDGC and possibly Lincoln Ridge and Idlewild.
those are great courses all of them. I loved Lincoln Ridge, as a course I would want to play every day. If i lived by idlewild I feel like I would play it once a month. Great course, but its a bit to hard for a lower AM3 player.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:31 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 181
Nevin - Built and partial design
Bailey - Designed it and built it, practice here prepping for most major tournaments I play.
Robbins - (future) Built and designed it

In no order:
Iron Hill
Orange Crush
Tobaggan in Kensington Park (would like it more if it were a maintained real course)
Gran Canyon
Moraine

Old 01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikly View Post
I'm going to post mine, even though I've only played 25 courses and it's pretty western PA dominant. I've got a few road trips planned in 2014 that should shake this up a bit, but for now here's where things stand, a year and a half into my disc golfing experience.

5) Flanacher Park - Unique, demanding course in Baton Rouge. Features a bunch of true par 4s in a tightly wooded environment. Some real unique looks, and a lot of risk/reward (mostly risk ).

4) Deer Lakes - Fantastic course with some through-the-roof memorable holes (I'll never forget staring down the barrel of hole 3, in which "things got real"). I didn't love it as much as some others, but still a fantastic course.

3) Knob Hill - A western PA classic. Doesn't have the wow factor of Deer Lakes, but is all-around more consistent. There's just a magic to how this course flows and comes together that makes for a special round to me.

2) Orange Crush - This course doesn't get talked about enough. In an area loaded with options for great golf, Orange Crush stands out as a true tour de force in the woods. Easily the most challenging course I've ever played, and yet, extremely fair and enjoyable regardless. I can't rave enough about this course: it plays a very particular kind of golf due to the omnipresent woods, but does about as much as you could do within that context. Awesome, awesome, awesome. I imagine this'll always be near the top for me, as it's truly quality.

1) Moraine State Park - Simply the best course I've played, in any and all aspects. Super varied, great flow, gorgeous setting. Any time I talk about this course I feel my descriptions are inadequate.

Honorable Mention: Linbrook - Best course you've never heard of. Only 9 holes, and still rough around the edges, but boy does this have the makings of something special. At least three of the four 500'+ par 4s would be in my top 10 most memorable holes. They all are extremely challenging - 3 is almost undoubtedly the hardest hole I've ever played - and pushed my game to new places. Balancing these out are a masterful mix of densely wooded holes that cover an amazing variety for only 9. I really hope this course gets expanded to 18 in the near future and becomes better groomed. Under those conditions, it could easily become the best course in the area. And that's saying something.

- - - - -

I'm looking forward to heading to eastern PA next summer and pitting Tyler/Nockamixon/etc against the best western PA has to offer!
Agree, i'd take orange crush over Idlewild always. then you have a second course on the property!