Disc Golf Store
Old 12-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Around two months ago, the buds and I were playing in the local heavily wooded course. About halfway through the round, one of my friends handicapped parked a beauty of a shot. We were all just walking casually and our friend had gone up ahead and all of a sudden we heard a loud "WTF" So we all ran up and looked to see what was up. RIGHT under his disc AND the basket were about 8 "used" condoms that he somehow didn't see and got some "leftovers" on his hand when he picked it up! I can promise you the whole park heard us just bust out laughing for what seemed like forever! Don't know if there's ever gonna be anything that funny again haha.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:23 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
Around two months ago, the buds and I were playing in the local heavily wooded course. About halfway through the round, one of my friends handicapped parked a beauty of a shot. We were all just walking casually and our friend had gone up ahead and all of a sudden we heard a loud "WTF" So we all ran up and looked to see what was up. RIGHT under his disc AND the basket were about 8 "used" condoms that he somehow didn't see and got some "leftovers" on his hand when he picked it up! I can promise you the whole park heard us just bust out laughing for what seemed like forever! Don't know if there's ever gonna be anything that funny again haha.
He he!
Old 12-28-2013, 05:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 54
Thats funny
Old 06-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohizz View Post

So this has to be mine.. A friend of mine threw a tomahawk.. up there between the two powerlines
That wasn't easy to do!
Old 06-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 5
got three interesting lies lately... wound up on the only rock on the hole mid fairway, on a tree stump 10 feet from the hole, and in a patch of light shining down...

thematic animals... giant toads, Baltimore orioles, garter snakes, turtles... all exclusive to particular rounds, and in multiple #'s... makes me want to start notating rounds as "the turtle day" or "the snake day"
Old 06-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.4
Courses Played: 5
and then of course there was the day we say the peacock rape the guinea fowl in the aviary between holes 11 and 12 at Wickham... that was interesting...

I don't know what you'd call that day
Old 06-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
one of the weirder things which has happened throwing was cutting a nice sized pine tree branch off cleanly with a Z flick. It was so strange to see the limb just fall out of the sky and then look like it was sawed right off without any burrs or splinters.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox View Post
and this is why I carry hand sanitizer and moist towelettes
Old 06-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 35.3
Courses Played: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfpro View Post
So I played a quick round today. When I rolled up, a father and son were warming up on 18 (no practice basket on home course). I was in a rush, so I headed right for the tee. When the dad saw me heading, he quickly picked up all the discs and ran to the tee to get head of me. I was hoping to tee off before they got there (the son was driving with an ultimate disc, so I was resigning myself to playing slowly behind them). I was hoping they would let me go. The dad says "you're walking fast". "yeah, quick round today," says me. "us too". Couldn't tell if he was making a passive aggressive comment about me trying to get in front of them or if he was just weird. With that he starts his stopwatch, they tee off and sprint down fairway to chase their discs in the rough. They were gone, holing out 5 when I was holing out 3. I still had to play quick, but didn't think I'd see them again. I didn't do any jogging between holes, just kept a brisk pace and didn't take a lot of alternate lines/let's see what this disc does. I caught them on 13. Guess sprinting between holes isn't conducive to consistent, accurate shots. Had to search for my disc because of a funny roll, but caught up again at 18. Shot a drop 1. Kept pace with the sprinters. Good day. Hope I don't see them agin.....
I was the weird guy. Granted, I was abrupt and I didn't communicate well, but if I recall we were in a hurry. My son and I were playing Speed (Time + Throws), that's why I had a stopwatch. In retrospect I should have explained more what we were doing. We were there first, though, and I knew that since we were jogging that we would catch up to any player very quickly and have to ask to play through while the timer ran. My son is an Ultimate player, not a disc golfer, but I was just glad for a chance to spend time with him out on the course, thus he used an Ultimate lid. And yeah, we didn't play very well so we had to look for lots of shots in the woods. My motto is "I'm glad that you don't have to be good to enjoy disc golf."

Last edited by Olorin; 06-24-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Old 06-24-2014, 03:46 PM

We had a deer end up on the T-box that was struck by a passing car. It did not make it.