Disc Golf Store
Old 11-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Banned

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadouken View Post
Saints are my go to for straight to slight fade finish out to about 400'. I have a recycled, GL and opto sparkle ITB. I throw them flip to flat 95% of the time. They hold a low line for me extremely well (5' to 10') and have good penetrating fade. I pair them with PD's in my bag and use the PD for hyzer finish S-PD for flip/flat/ with more fade and C-PD max wt for head winds. Just got the Saint pros and havn't been able to FT them yet. Line up will probably change with those.
I was throwing PD's but dropped them and put the Saints back in. I have great success with them in the wind. They work well in Tailwinds and Headwinds for me,which surprised the heck out of me. I can adjust my angle on my throw and get it to perform like my PD's would. I always seem to go back and forth between these two discs. There is a part of my brain that says stick with the Saints you dope. lol

I've noticed that they really like low lines. I average 380ft with a Saint,but I can get one out to 400ft everynow and then. Goes much farther than advertised.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 39
How much turn will a saint have when thrown out to about 380-400 ft..??

Thinking of trying one out again. Last time I had one I was struggling to break 300ft.. so i think it will be a different experience now...
Old 01-07-2014, 03:19 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekdo View Post

Thinking of trying one out again. Last time I had one I was struggling to break 300ft.. so i think it will be a different experience now...
It will turn on you for sure, depends if it's a bad thing or not. I max around 360' on golf lines and I use the Saint as my main straight driver. I rip it on a slight hyzer and it just goes and doesn't fade much. I'd say if you're used to ripping drivers flat for distance, the Saint isn't for you. But if you like throwing with a bit of a hyzer, you'll have a great time with the Saint
Old 01-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.4
Courses Played: 40
CHEAP PLUG ALERT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekdo View Post

I can't throw out to 380 consistently, but when I was throwing Saints they had a noticeable amount of turn. But if you put them on slight hyzer, thew will flip right to flat and just go.

If you are thinking about re-bagging Saints, you might want to try out a Saint Pro as well. They would make a very formidable combo, I reckon. You can check out my video review of them over at the Hucking Aces Facebook page...and hey! We're doing a giveaway for them too! :::cheap plug::: here's the linK

Hucking Aces

Cheapness aside (on my part, of course) the Saint is a very, very workable driver. I think a lot of players in 2014 will be bagging Saints and Saint Pros. I've thought about it myself...but I'm just so in love with my Teebirds...
Old 01-07-2014, 09:23 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 16
I don't typically use my Saints for anything outside of 350ft or so, but when thrown out to that distance they will turn for sure. The wonderful thing about them is that they do a good job of holding a r to l, straight (hyzer flipped to flat), or l to r line. It's my got to driver up to 350-360.

Go with a heavy opto if you are grabbing a new one and can throw 380+.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Eagle Member

I throw my Saints on holes over 350', and out to 380' generally...of course depending on the hole. Out to the 375' range, my GL Saint, on about a 25 degree hyzer, will flip up and turn over for the length of the flight without coming back at all...unless i give it extra height. I have to throw the GL on at a 45 to get it to flip to flat with just a slight smooth turnover and slow come back. My opto saint when thrown wont turn the whole flight, but out to that distance will need some room for left to right movement. The opto when thrown to about 350' will have a tighter S shape, finishing straight. Definitely pairs nicely with the opto saint pro for the "longer" fairway slot.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 39
Yeah im looking for the saint to have some turn.. I'm still trying to fill my understable fairway slot. I have a 168 opto saint on the way.. so we will see if thats too light or not, but yeah the saint might work out well.. we will see.

I may also give the saint pro to see how that flies as well.. but I do like my teebirds ha
Old 03-29-2014, 10:50 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 78
ait so im too lazy to dig through 44+ pages of talk about the saint. i throw opto saints 168g ish and just picked up a 167 gold line. does the stability go with starting with more OS

opto-gl-recycled

will the gl flip much easier than my opto? is there a difference in the plastics or not?
Old 03-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Par Member

I've thrown two Optos and three GLs. All GLs were definitely less HSS out of the box, but they were also domier than both Optos as well. I think in general the GLs have a little less HSS and LSS. Haven't tried RGL but I'd imagine they're right on par with GL.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdude View Post
I've thrown two Optos and three GLs. All GLs were definitely less HSS out of the box, but they were also domier than both Optos as well. I think in general the GLs have a little less HSS and LSS. Haven't tried RGL but I'd imagine they're right on par with GL.
do GL beat in faster than opto? honestly ive had my opto for over a year and i am yet to see any change in its flight