Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
The Resistor is short and beefy. It's been compared to a Champ Banshee.

I haven't thrown a Rival, so I'm not sure.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:48 PM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
i think resistor and shock are around similar stability considering the speed differences.. i prefer the shock over the beefy proton volts though, the proton volts beat into straight flyers with good HSS, but the shock retains its fade more as it breaks in and handles wind a little better.

proton volt can do what a shock can though, and more.. but i like to eliminate overlap and simplify my bag so i keep a fresh shock paired two volts one beat and fresh in neutron.. covers a LOT of lines.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 18
Ok thats what I thought, I wasn't sure thanks! After watching a few Mike C videos The P Volt looks like it will be what I was looking for straight with some lss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4d View Post
i think resistor and shock are around similar stability considering the speed differences.. i prefer the shock over the beefy proton volts though, the proton volts beat into straight flyers with good HSS, but the shock retains its fade more as it breaks in and handles wind a little better.

proton volt can do what a shock can though, and more.. but i like to eliminate overlap and simplify my bag so i keep a fresh shock paired two volts one beat and fresh in neutron.. covers a LOT of lines.
Thanks!! that's very helpful. I was just thinking about which other discs to pair with the volt. Which plastics do you use?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendryxdisc View Post
Thanks!! that's very helpful. I was just thinking about which other discs to pair with the volt. Which plastics do you use?
well.. this is my FD bag:

Neutron Shock 173g (lightly used, covers the windy day shots and when i want beef)
Neutron Resistor 155g (use it quite a bit when i need good lateral movement around tree lines or brush at 250-300' nothing is more accurate for me, im talkin within 20' of the pin most the time, assuming i dont hit a tree )
Neutron Volt 171g (fresh latest run, great general purpose over-stable driver, it doesn't turn much and has decent fade)
Neutron First Run Volt 171g (beat, this will fly dead straight with a little hyzer flip, and nice for when i need a slow turnover when powered up)
Neutron Amp 169g (beat, holds a turnover all the way to the ground, still has enough stability at the end to land flat and not burn, fun for huge sky annys!)

Also recently added the Servo but really didnt have much time with it yet, it feels like a seasoned 11x eagle i used to own, will probably be a GREAT alternative to powering up my vectors.. but not sure yet.

Last edited by in4d; 01-20-2014 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:33 PM
Birdie Member

You dont throw any proton plastic, is it because the time of year? or general preference?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
You dont throw any proton plastic, is it because the time of year? or general preference?
I throw mostly proton eclipse for my midranges, i just like the brighter colors and they seem to fly great for me. and will likely throw an eclipse volt as soon as spring hits, just haven't had time or weather to throw the eclipse volt much yet, so far flies just like my new neutron volt did, so it will likely cycle right behind my fresh neutron because it looks sick!

Lot of MVP discs don't have proton plastic yet.

my midrange setup:

Neutron Tensor 166g (lightly used, windy days, low line full power shots and when i dont want turn over, its a beef stick with a workable fade for how HSS it is.. interesting disc)
Eclipse Vector 177g (fresh, for a nice stable flat top roc type flight)
Eclipse FR Vector 176g (beat, from first run of the eclipse vectors, its a dead straight laser with mild forward fade given a little anny it likes to hold it forever, my favorite and most used midrange disc)
Eclipse Tangent 172g (seasoned, developing some nice turn to it, started out very straight though around -0.5 HSS and 1.5 LSS, now its flying about -2 HSS and 1 LSS after throwing it all summer)

as eclipse stuff becomes available im sure my whole bag will be eclipse, it just looks great with the white over-mold to me.

Last edited by in4d; 01-20-2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:00 AM
Birdie Member

Yeah I think the eclipse in both plastics look awesome. I am thinking probably 2 Max wt P Volts and 1 Lighter N Volt in addition to my Xl's for my fairway line up. I have yet to try the tensor-tangent combo but I have heard good things.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah I think the eclipse in both plastics look awesome. I am thinking probably 2 Max wt P Volts and 1 Lighter N Volt in addition to my Xl's for my fairway line up. I have yet to try the tensor-tangent combo but I have heard good things.
I suggest Vector/Tangent combo

in any plastic really.. whatever feels/looks best to you

You will be able to do more with the vector i think, maybe pick up a tensor for beef on windy days?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
The Resistor is short and beefy. It's been compared to a Champ Banshee.

I haven't thrown a Rival, so I'm not sure.
i throw both (near max weight), they dont cover the same shots. rival and volt are much more similar in my opinion.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
I had a bunch of new or seldom used plastic out for field work today, and the Volt was amazing, both for distance and for accuracy. Mine is a black Proton, 169. I am looking forward to getting to know this disc better.