* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.2
Courses Played: 115
Thanks.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 20.5
Courses Played: 98
Congrats Matt. Did you take home a cow patty for a trophy?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.3
Courses Played: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissauls View Post
Congrats Matt. Did you take home a cow patty for a trophy?
those Florida patties are nothing... he'll see some real ones in March.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissauls View Post
The women's rec division going out early and shooting scores in the 100's didn't help the pace either. They should consider a shorter set of tees for this group. There was a huge gap between them and the group ahead so maybe they should be the last card to go out to help prevent the back up. I did feel that this years layout was a bit tougher and slightly better. But it's like a 4.7 rating bumped up to 4.8.
I walked the round with the womensrec card. They were waiting on the card ahead of the half he time and their round time was much shorter than mine was which was after 1pm
Old 01-21-2014, 06:05 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
At a very quick glance it looks like the scores from yesterday, and last year's pro scores, were very similar. Not sure if I'm looking at it right, or what meaning to take from it.
Ya, I guess the moral of the story is; that you need a course more geared for the ams for am weekend. Because, this year on the pro course it was slow going for the ams.
And less people on a weekend. Still pushed darkness on the pro weekend
Old 01-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 184
Throwing Style: RHFH
Great weekend. Only issue was too many people were allowed to play. I think having groups tee off every 10 minutes is good in theory but does not quite work. After every 4 or 5 groups, you need to have a 10 -20 minute break with no groups going out. We were all on time to start hole 1, but by the time we finished hole 1 we had 2-3 groups to wait for on hole 2.

Less people, and things would run really smooth.

That said, it was a great weekend. Good times, fun course. Glad I got to play 4-5 again as that was one of my favorite holes last year.

Can we please eliminate 15 for next year? Pretty sure all 12 people I played with agreed it may be the worst hole in all of disc golf. So much land out there for a better hole. I don't mind walking up that hill to get to the next tee.

Thanks Mike for all of the work involved. I know its a huge undertaking and I loved every minute of it. Any complaints I have are minor, and are just my own criticisms. I know I love that course and that event. The one tournament of the year I get to see so many friends I don't see anywhere else.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by br2526 View Post
I walked the round with the womensrec card. They were waiting on the card ahead of the half he time and their round time was much shorter than mine was which was after 1pm
That's interesting....on Sunday, before our tee-times, we watched the group ahead of them come through on #9....and then waited what seemed like an hour, though no doubt it was less, before the Rec Women showed up at the tee. It was that, and the scores ("143"?), that had us thinking that perhaps some shorter tees would have been appropriate.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:55 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris deitzel View Post
Great weekend. Only issue was too many people were allowed to play. I think having groups tee off every 10 minutes is good in theory but does not quite work. After every 4 or 5 groups, you need to have a 10 -20 minute break with no groups going out. We were all on time to start hole 1, but by the time we finished hole 1 we had 2-3 groups to wait for on hole 2.
It's true.....and yet, you can hardly blame them from wanting to accommodate as many people as wanted to get on that course. I would assume some adjustments will be made for next year.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:11 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSauls View Post
That's interesting....on Sunday, before our tee-times, we watched the group ahead of them come through on #9....and then waited what seemed like an hour, though no doubt it was less, before the Rec Women showed up at the tee. It was that, and the scores ("143"?), that had us thinking that perhaps some shorter tees would have been appropriate.
I can't speak for Sunday because I only walked some of the back 9.

But on Saturday, they were waiting on 9 to throw. And I know Sunday they had a shorter round than Sunday.