Old 02-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 33
Throwing Style: RHBH
40% off sale and combined shipping from Pipedreams on ebay. The sale didn't last long. The purple Anode's flight plate is buggered, but I got it for a putting putter so I don't care. Not sure why it commanded a price premium.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2
Courses Played: 33
Yeah, paws got the place. Superfast priority shipping.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:11 PM
Birdie Member

Sweet, I just picked up 4 more of these from Pipedreams - sweet deal. Does anyone else like to practice in a field with multiple discs of the same type and weight? I find this really get's me "in tune" with a disc. I'll now have 5 tangents all at 175g. I'm curious to see if they all fly the same.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 16
when i do field work i just throw. i know what each disc is supposed to do and what i want it to do on a flight as well. i don't have the cash to sink into tons of backups quite yet except for my wizards.

*edit* that sale is SICK! if only they had some whites.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:00 PM
Birdie Member

So I got my stack of 5 tangents (all 175 - various colors) and went out to the field for practice and test for consistency. Guess what - they all fly pretty much the same which is GREAT NEWS to me. I love that I can really learn a disc and have them all be the same so I can practice with a stack or use a backup and it's like nothing changed.

The more I throw this disc the more I love it. It just does what I want it to do. I think one of the things that makes this disc special is that it can be thrown straight at almost any power level. Most discs have kind of a sweet spot for straight but it's awesome to be able use a wider range of power and still release flat and get a straight flight. It doesn't get any more point and shoot than this. I'm a happy camper. Can't wait to get home and see if a Switch is on my doorstep. If my dreams come true it will fly something like a longer tangent.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:20 PM
Birdie Member

Forgot to add that when say any power level that I don't have a lot of power. What I mean to say is that it goes straight for me at anywhere from 50% to 100% effort from me.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 103
That's good to hear! and still pretty true at any power level that's why I love the tangent. Adding hyzer to the release really makes it straighter at higher power while dialing back and flatter release gives the same line.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:20 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46YearOldSlinger View Post
So I got my stack of 5 tangents (all 175 - various colors) and went out to the field for practice and test for consistency. Guess what - they all fly pretty much the same which is GREAT NEWS to me. I love that I can really learn a disc and have them all be the same so I can practice with a stack or use a backup and it's like nothing changed.

The more I throw this disc the more I love it. It just does what I want it to do. I think one of the things that makes this disc special is that it can be thrown straight at almost any power level. Most discs have kind of a sweet spot for straight but it's awesome to be able use a wider range of power and still release flat and get a straight flight. It doesn't get any more point and shoot than this. I'm a happy camper. Can't wait to get home and see if a Switch is on my doorstep. If my dreams come true it will fly something like a longer tangent.

I completely agree with you on the Tangent. I have never grooved with a disc as fast as I did with the Tangent last year. Had one ace and 2 others chain out with it. What was interesting for me was that I was more accurate for approaches with it than I was with my Anode. It isn't my longest mid, but when in doubt....I'm pulling out my old Eclipse Orange Tangie
Old 02-26-2014, 11:29 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBee View Post
It isn't my longest mid, but when in doubt....I'm pulling out my old Eclipse Orange Tangie
I love that color and have one myself - I call it "Tangent-rene" since it looks kinda like an orange slice...lol

Old 02-27-2014, 12:03 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9
Courses Played: 17
lol my favorite tangent is also eclipse orange, beautiful and has a nice slow turn to it now.. had it ever since it was released. Use it all the time for straight approaches.. hit at least 2 aces with it last year