Old 02-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Thoughts on Devan Owens switching sponsors

I haven't seen a thread about it. I'm a little bored. I knew he was throwing for Prodiscus but hadn't really noticed what molds. He announced yesterday "officially" he's now sponsored by Lat64 which allows him to throw Westside and DD discs as well. He said for now he's only got Lat64 and WS in the bag but is still working on figuring out what he likes. Apparently mr. ambassador Dave Nobeard was working on him hard to switch sponsors.

He's good. He's a lefty but that can be forgiven. I think he makes a nice addition to the Lat64 team.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:40 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
It definitely makes sense. Feldy likes to sing his praises, and I thought they were sharing a place with wysocki in phoenix. I'd personally rather throw trilogy over prodiscus as well
Old 02-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by A rod View Post
It definitely makes sense. Feldy likes to sing his praises, and I thought they were sharing a place with wysocki in phoenix. I'd personally rather throw trilogy over prodiscus as well
I haven't gotten the chance to throw any prodiscus I don't think DD sells it here. Just by the looks it appears to be pretty sweet and premium stuff but I agree that the trilogy companies will offer a much bigger selection of stuff to pick from. He's in oklahoma too which is geographically close to many DD sponsored players and their tournaments. It could be nice to be closer to some teammates and have them at the events near you.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:56 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 12
I haven't had the opportunity either. That could be a major factor, their exposure is almost nothing. Not to knock on them, they could have a great product. However having 3 companies to choose from.. Trump card ha
Old 02-28-2014, 11:02 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

I know Barsby is switching from Westside/Legacy to the new "other" DD of Diety Discs I think it is? Must be a friend's company because they don't even have any molds legal to play with yet. He's probably not switching any of his bag soon.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 105
Throwing Style: RHBH
Diety discs does have a mold approved. I dont think Mukunda is going to make guys throw exclusively his plastic either because he throws alot of CE himself.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:04 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by timj5304 View Post
Diety discs does have a mold approved. I dont think Mukunda is going to make guys throw exclusively his plastic either because he throws alot of CE himself.
Approved yes. Not 500+ available for circulation though which makes it non PDGA legal for play to my knowledge. I'm sure he has protos and stuff he's throwing casually but the word at the memorial was he was still using a Giant for his drives.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:16 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 21
That's a cool move for Devan
Old 03-01-2014, 10:34 AM

Years Playing: 11.2
Courses Played: 51
Is this four teams in four years? Innova, then Discraft, then Prodiscus, now Lat64?

Old 03-01-2014, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 16
:/ not encouraging...I really like prodiscus but I don't know how well things are going...