Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 AM
.:Hall of Fame Member:.

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 587
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Approved yes. Not 500+ available for circulation though which makes it non PDGA legal for play to my knowledge. I'm sure he has protos and stuff he's throwing casually but the word at the memorial was he was still using a Giant for his drives.
The Chimera from Deity is legal to throw: http://www.pdga.com/announcements/ch...ty-among-discs
Whether correct or not, the assumption once a disc is approved is that the manufacturer is ready to make at least 500 available to the marketplace. But it would be difficult to monitor so the manufacturer is on an honor system. Some will have the PDGA hold the announcement like the link above until they are ready with production quantities even up to 2 months after the disc is officially approved.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.4
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: LHBH
Pros play for money and they have to make decisions that increase their prospects for making a living.

However, sometimes those decisions should be seen in the long term.
If it's true that he's had 4 sponsors in 4 years, it may benefit him in the long term to slow down and settle in with a sponsor for the long haul.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The Chimera from Deity is legal to throw: http://www.pdga.com/announcements/ch...ty-among-discs
Whether correct or not, the assumption once a disc is approved is that the manufacturer is ready to make at least 500 available to the marketplace. But it would be difficult to monitor so the manufacturer is on an honor system. Some will have the PDGA hold the announcement like the link above until they are ready with production quantities even up to 2 months after the disc is officially approved.
I didn't know that. That's probably a good way to do it. Do molds ever get pulled from approval when a company goes under or fails to meet those requirements from the start? I've never looked into discs taken off the list. I wouldn't even know where to start.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscJunkie View Post
Pros play for money and they have to make decisions that increase their prospects for making a living.

However, sometimes those decisions should be seen in the long term.
If it's true that he's had 4 sponsors in 4 years, it may benefit him in the long term to slow down and settle in with a sponsor for the long haul.
You kind of have to consider his situation. He was with Innova and then started dating Paige Pierce and she likely convinced him to switch to Discraft. Then they split up and almost everyone chooses a new sponsor or goes with Prodigy so he probably wanted to do his own thing and wasn't really committed to Discraft yet anyway. In comes Prodiscus and they start with a bang but lately I haven't really seen them take off in popularity or production so he then is easily convinced to go with a more established bunch of companies where he can throw a wider selection of discs and possibly make more money doing so.

It just doesn't seem like a guy who is skipping around companies for the fun of it. He's a young talented player who was being pulled around by other people for four years it seems to me. Hopefully he's happy where he's at now.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 1
He had an open bag with prodiscus so hes actually narrowing what he is allowed throw drastically. It must be a good deal for him and it definitely helps out his roomie Feldberg and lat64's USA team. His sponsorship history is fairly strange lol.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 23.6
Courses Played: 40
More bad news for Prodiscus. I really love their premium plastic and want to see them succeed.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Destroyer 3.0

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 26
had the pleasure to work with devan (and more to come!) on some designs and talk a little disc golf along the way. definitely a great guy and a class act. doesn't 'toot' his own horn as much as other pro's but has the skill set to hang with all the big guns any day. i think he's gonna enjoy his new home at Lat 64 very much.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bratton View Post
He had an open bag with prodiscus so hes actually narrowing what he is allowed throw drastically. It must be a good deal for him and it definitely helps out his roomie Feldberg and lat64's USA team. His sponsorship history is fairly strange lol.
Must have been other factors like you say. It's kind of got to be frustrating to have a sponsor who does 90% of stuff over in Finland. At least with Lat64 they have the distribution hub with DD and he can get things shipped out timely and feel more part of a larger team. My perspective of course. Maybe feldberg is just a convincing guy.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 44
Awesome news for devan and Lat 64! I wouldn't be surprised to see wysocki jump to Lat 64 in a year or two.