Quote:
Originally Posted by KniceZ View Post
But where does it end?
Here.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
^OMG! It's bad enough with an avg hole length of 225 that criss-crosses all over the park, where people throw putters and mids that are fairly easy to control. That layout that showing and avg hole length of about 400 ft /hole takes the insanity to a new level. Not only will those lengths encourage using drivers, which are less accurate and harder to control, but the extra distance will only make it harder to see anyone who may be up ahead, about to cross into the fairway.

Whomever designed and/or proposes that layout in that park should be... I have no words.
To this point, most of the comments assume that the disc that injured the woman was thrown by a chucker, but given that the published alternate layouts--one of which appears to have been created with at least the tacit approval of the Beach City Disc Club--were designed by individuals who are, or at one point were, PDGA members (#s 23362, 48221, and 53915), maybe we shouldn't be so quick to assume it was a chucker.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: RHBH
There should be only be one sign put up at courses designed like that:

Attention Disc Golfers: Only Soft Vibram and DGA Gumbputts/Blowflies are approved for use on this course.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe View Post
To this point, most of the comments assume that the disc that injured the woman was thrown by a chucker, but given that the published alternate layouts--one of which appears to have been created with at least the tacit approval of the Beach City Disc Club--were designed by individuals who are, or at one point were, PDGA members (#s 23362, 48221, and 53915), maybe we shouldn't be so quick to assume it was a chucker.
FWIW - My post was simply pointing out that as you create longer layouts in shared use, close proximity park:
1) Players are more likely to use drivers, which are:
a) less accurate
b) capable of doing more damage
c) thrown at higher speeds
2) It's harder to see potential conflicts with other people.

All of which exacerbate an already bad situation. Doesn't matter if the player and/or designer are newbs or Ken Climo and John Houck's love child: the alternate layouts make a bad situation worse. PDGA member or not, I see the alt layouts as even more irresponsible than the "normal" layout, and increasing the risk of injury.

I don't think I ever implied either the player or designers were chuckers, simply irresponsible.

Last edited by BogeyNoMore; 03-06-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
I don't think I ever implied either the player or designers were chuckers, simply irresponsible.
Didn't say you did; simply pointing out that most of the comments that opine about the identity of the thrower assume that it was a chucker, but that the existence of the alternate layouts and the fact that they were designed by PDGA members, call that assumption into question.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:41 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 171
^ fair 'nuff.