Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowherenova View Post
Great course, but get there early or late to avoid other park patrons. I was in A'Dam for a couple of weeks and wasn't able to play until the last day, which of course featured 30 mph wind gusts all day long. If it's windy plan on losing a disc, but who cares? Take tram 14 to the end and enjoy!
This was my home course for a year, and I couldn't agree more. You are best playing in Amsterdam on a cold, overcast morning.

As for the person who said they wanted to take a Nordisc trip, I imagine during the summer there you could play pretty much twenty four hours a day!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 09:27 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 47
Throwing Style: RHBH
Man Italy is depressing when it comes to disc golf. I'm going there in less than two weeks and do plan to hit at least one of the courses while I'm there... But I'm going to have to cut back on some sightseeing, bend over backwards, and then pay an arm and a leg to do so. But how can you visit a country you might never visit again and not throw some discs while you're there?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 59
Does anyone have an idea how we get more courses installed in some of these countries?
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuliKL View Post
Lovely warm weather as well as inexpensive food and drinks. Welcome!
OK... so the ground is generally covered by snow for about 5 months and the average temperature is below freezing for over three months. And this is in the Southern portion of the country. How is this warm? LOL! So I get the temperature joke.

What's up with the food and drink comment? We're not talking about lutefisk, are we?
Old 03-12-2014, 06:19 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimb View Post
OK... so the ground is generally covered by snow for about 5 months and the average temperature is below freezing for over three months. And this is in the Southern portion of the country. How is this warm? LOL! So I get the temperature joke.

What's up with the food and drink comment? We're not talking about lutefisk, are we?
Yeah, I believe he was joking The summers are super nice though. After the long, cold and dark winter everyones happy an excited and there's always something going on. The nicest months are definitely june-august but in may and september the weather is usually decent, too. 65-75 degrees usually in the summer, sometimes warmer. And around midsummer it gets dark for an hour or two before the sun rises again. Last summer I went to play a round at 3am after a night in a bar

Food and drinks aren't especially cheap, all nordic countries are quite expensive. So that's certainly not one of the reasons to come here

Btw we're having temperatures close to 50 now and the sun is shining, I'm really stoked about it! I'm about to go huck some discs.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 AM

Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 36
I am doing a Stockholm - Helsinki DG trip fall 2015. The only way to make it happen is to say it's going to happen!

Old 03-13-2014, 07:38 AM
Birdie Member

Thats the spirit!

I was flabbergasted talking to the lovely people in Budapest at their 7-basket/14 hole course 2 summers back. They had absolutely nothing from the city, except the land. All work was done by them and all the baskets were bought or built by volunteers. I felt like a snotty rich kid telling them "oh our club just had the local city spend several thousands of euros to revamp the old crappy 9-hole course to fullblown redesigned 18-holes" I mean of course our local club did its share, but the contrast just was huge.

ps. We are looking at a winter backlash starting this Saturday in Finland