Old 03-17-2014, 07:39 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgkdisc View Post
The "better" score in the Worst Shot format, i.e. the score to be used, is the higher score so the rule is not out-of-step with that or Tough Shot.
At least in Tough shot - If you ace or "fairway ace" the hole is over!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by knettles View Post
I don't know. Our local dubs has an ace pot and it's pretty simple. The person who gets the ace gets the money. It avoids the issues of how to split the money.
This is also the standard around here---I haven't heard of an ace pot being split between partners. I guess it's considered a side-bet and, as such, an individual accomplishment. That, and the partner is still on a team with an improved chance at cashing, with that "1" on the scorecard.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 PM

Courses Played: 12
Hitting an ace has nothing to do with your partner, splitting a 300$ pot seems outlandish to me when it was your shot, your ace. Your partner should be happy for you, not asking for money haha.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.1
Courses Played: 115
I don't think it's right or wrong, either way---just local tradition.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 104
I like to throw second all the time. If my partner puts his shot (our first) within auto-putting range, I'm running the basket. He's freed me up to run for the ace, so absolutely I'm throwing some money at him if I hit it.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by routy03 View Post
Hitting an ace has nothing to do with your partner, splitting a 300$ pot seems outlandish to me when it was your shot, your ace. Your partner should be happy for you, not asking for money haha.
I disagree that it has nothing to do with a partner. You can be a lot more aggressive with a drive when you have a partner who has either already put a good drive out there or is waiting in the wings to throw a good/safe shot should you fail in some way. I've gotten more aces in doubles play than singles, and almost all of them were thrown with the confidence that if I missed and blew by the basket, we were still in position to get the deuce.

I gladly share any ace pots I win in doubles with my partner, whether he wants it or not. We're a team for every single shot we throw.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 168
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC17393 View Post
I disagree that it has nothing to do with a partner. You can be a lot more aggressive with a drive when you have a partner who has either already put a good drive out there or is waiting in the wings to throw a good/safe shot should you fail in some way. I've gotten more aces in doubles play than singles, and almost all of them were thrown with the confidence that if I missed and blew by the basket, we were still in position to get the deuce.

I gladly share any ace pots I win in doubles with my partner, whether he wants it or not. We're a team for every single shot we throw.
I'm part of the 5/1 club and with doubles aces I've ALWAYS done a 70/30 split (if partner is equal or better player) and 60/40 if not - mostly for the reasons stated here and in other posts....you can be more relaxed /aggressive (whatever the situation calls for) if your partner is already in position for a 2.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.6
Courses Played: 116
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith johnson View Post
I'm part of the 5/1 club and with doubles aces I've ALWAYS done a 70/30 split (if partner is equal or better player) and 60/40 if not - mostly for the reasons stated here and in other posts....you can be more relaxed /aggressive (whatever the situation calls for) if your partner is already in position for a 2.
I also play 5/1. Got an ace in doubles this past weekend and my partner, also part of the 5/1 club, tried to pay me $5 along like the guys on the other team in the group. Told him to keep it and take $5 from one of the other guys instead.

He really liked my way better...especially when I nailed another one in the second round.